Both boys close the door behind themselves and head to Matthew's room. 

  "You really made me lose over a five-year-old's riddle, didn't you," Adam said a small pout quick shown before hidden. 

  "I mean it was very funny seeing your face after the answer was revealed," Matthew spoke his British accent something never heard before peeking a little. "Your mouth opening and closing like a goldfish now and then" Matthew was now laughing so hard tears brimmed his eyes not really caring about his accent or more likely didn't notice. 

  Adam just stood there dumbstruck, his mouth slightly ajar, his eyebrows raised high creating creases on his forehead. 

  Matthew calmed down a few seconds and after seeing Adam's face continued "You alright?" 

 Matthew now came back to his senses and slapped his hand over his mouth. 

 It was Adam's turn to laugh now, "You've been hiding an accent all this time" 

 "Ok, ok you caught me" Matthew sighed and sat on the edge of Adam's bed. 

  "Why do you hide it anyway?" Adam asks piping down after a while. 

  "The boys in our school and the bullying is not easy. It's.... tough, tough to deal with, and to speak about" 

  "You don't have to" 

  "No I didn't mean it that way, I do want to talk about it, it's been long enough it's just I haven't found the good time, and someone I can talk to if I bore you halfway through just let me know" 

  "Hey calm down, you won't bore me, and it is all up to you whether you'd want to share the information with me or not" Adam reassured. 

  "I was born and brought up in Britain, my mom was a housewife, and my dad worked for the military. 

  just us three in our family. My mom had only her elder sister, my aunt who takes care of me now, from her side of the family. My dad had a whole bunch for a family I can't quite remember all of them except for Nanna and Pawpaw, they were the only people we'd go off to see often. 

  Dad was to be deployed to Iraq so he decided to take a quick trip down south to visit his brother before he left and also to cheer mom up a bit, cos she didn't like him going often worried he'd get brutally injured or far worse die." Matthew hissed at the word.  

  I was nine at the time, mom, dad, and I were singing our favorite songs and enjoying ourselves when a drunk driver who was driving on the wrong side of the road hit our car, ending up killing both my parents and leaving me with a severe concussion and breaking my hands and legs badly. 

  I was sent off to live with my grandparents thereafter,  and then when I was thirteen pawpaw passed away and nanna couldn't afford to take care of me, so my mom's elder sister offered to take care of me. 

  I thought maybe this would be a fresh start but fate turned its back on me when these days turned to be the dreadful years yet " Matthew sniffled but managed a chuckle.

  "When I flew down here I was sent to my aunt's boarding school she made sure I felt safe and everything, but it was something about me I couldn't get away with, I always felt a burden to everyone, and my mental health wasn't really the best after the accident I barely spoke or ate, so even when some boys would start bullying me for my British accent and that's when I started faking my 'American boy' accent but bullying just got worse saying I was just trying to fit in when I clearly didn't and couldn't. 

  And that is basically when I had to rely on my own." Matthew looked up to see Adam. 

  "I'm sorry you had to go through that, but do remember all these has only made you stronger and I am proud of you" Adam said sympathetically. "But I have to admit your British accent is really cool, you don't have to hide it from me." 

 Matthew chuckled, "Sure," 

  "Also, don't wanna be a buzzkill but I am pretty sleepy" He added. 

  "Oh yeah, same," Adam said. 

  "I'll take the couch," Matthew said pulling out a pillow. 

  "I don't mind you sharing the bed, and in fact, the couch in this room is pretty uncomfortable" Adam quickly added. 

  Matthew chuckled, "Ok if you say so" 

************

THANK YOU SOO MCUH FOR 50K!!!

also have you'll watched purple hearts?? its the best thing in the worllddd, Also, story suggestions are up, I shall include your suggestion and mention you so u dont miss out, 

Hope you'll enjoyed the chapter, Matthew has a pretty sad back story but hopefully the next chapter after this will make it up.