Chapter 14: Area 49-B

“I don’t know anything about it, I’ve never heard of it, I have never been there”, Stuart said, turning away,”and I am certainly never going back”
      “Huh. So you have been there”, Krel said.
      “Kleb”
      “Well to be fair he is not the only one”, I said as I stopped Varvatos from threatening Stuart. Stuart looked flabbergasted.
      “I thought I was the only one to ever escape”
      “Please, you only escaped because they were distracted”, I said, smirking.  “With me”
      “Ah, someone with competence has the information we require”, Vex said. 
(Time Skip)
      “Gather round crew, it is time to plan a heist”, Stuart said, pulling an outdated model of the base. I roll my eyes at it. But it will do, for a basic plan so I keep my mouth shut. 
      “We shall call it “The Arcadian Job.”, Stuart countied, “I’ve always wanted to say that”
      “This place has top of the line security”, I say interrupting Stuart.
      “But designed by humans”, Varvato says grabbing a bunker from the model,   “Meaning by definition, it is most easily vanquished”
      “No, no”,Stewert say grabbing it from him, “You’d be surprised, it there is one thing humans have mastered it is the art of keep secrets”
Aja picks up a crudely made figurine and it causes Stewert to panic. I vaguely recognized it from my various “trips” to the Area 49-B base. The thought had often crossed my mind of helping it escape. But it has been getting harder for me to escape on my own. They were getting better at containing me. I listened boredly as they listed several plans that even Stewert could tell them would not work.
      “We can just walk through the front door”, I say, “But aside from getting you in I will not be of much help”
(Time Skip)
          I fluffed out my wings making sure they were in frame and snapped the photo. I posted it and waited. It did not take long for them to arrive and between me and Varvatos, less for them to be knocked out. I expected them to be more prepared.
         I opened the back and saw what I was looking for. I set up wrought iron chains designed especially for me. Stuart was getting into one of the uniforms and I motioned to Krel for help. This was going to hurt. Krel looked guilty as he fastened the cruel device binding my leg, wrist and wing at several points each leaving me almost completely imobile. He hesitated at the metal collar. 
      “I will be fine, this is not the first time I have been bound like this”, I say looking into his eyes, “And remember do not worry about me I will find my own way out.”
         I was sitting in the front seat next to Stewrt. It was not long before we arrived. The guard got one look at my face and was quick to usher the truck in. Could risk me escaping or doing any damage. I was ruffly dragged from the truck as soon as it entered and thrown into a familiar cage. I was basically an industrial freezer with a shatter and fire resistant glass panel for viewing  purposes. I was cold but I resisted the temptation to warm myself up, they thought that the cold would completely nullify all my ability. It was mostly my cat sith side that was nullified. 
       Those abilities had always been weaker. Especially considering after my mom died, considering she was one of if not the last of phoenixes, I got all her ability basically making me a full blooded phoenix with a bonus of being half cat sith. I shivered as the cold sunk in to me, it was colder than last time. But,I would still be able to escape in a few days like I always did. Through the glass I saw Colonel Kubritz glaring at me. 
      “So the bird is back in their cage”
      “I would not count on it for long”
      “Why are you here, Ash”
      “You brought me here”
      “You showed us you location”
      “I was bored”
      “Tsh”, she said as she said as the alarm blared.
      “Those idiots”, I said under my breath, but Kubritz heard me.
      “What do you know of this, faerie”, she asked.
      “Nothing I would tell you.”, I said with a hiss and with that she left. I would wait. They would be fine, probably.
I sat listening to every sound.  
      A crash and the sound of a truck crashing against the ground, a scream, and frantic firing. Then a shot hitting its mark. Krel was in danger.  I only had one thought,“I will not fail you, not like I did her” 
Third Person POV
       Ash’s eyes glowed pure fire, no room left for pupil or sclera. Their body heat rose sharply, till the iron chains were liquid flowing off them. Door and walls fell at their touch. She saw him on the ground and rushed toward him, swerving through the agent who fired at her. None of which touched the as they zipped by. Ash landed and kneel beside him. They wrapped a wing under him and used it to pull close to them. A low hiss came from their throat as they hovered in the air the unconscious prince held tight. They sent a blast of fire that by some miracle did not harm any of her allies and instead gave them all a chance to escape.  They triggered the explosive wall wrapping their wing tightly to protect from any blast. Their getaway was there but she only entwined herself in shadow and the two disappeared.
(Time Skip)
     It took several hours of Aja’s gentle coxing for Ash to let anyone else near Krel. No one had yet to convince her to leave his side. So they lay beside him, head resting lightly on his chest. It was a relief to all when they finally fell asleep.