This meant that the way to the rooftop was blocked.

Some people suggested sticking it out the window, but since a few hours ago the monsters who smelled it have been hanging around.

Zio could see her father’s face darker and darker.

Sponsored Content
It had been a long time since the nurses ran out of the food they packed as snacks.

Hunger was fine, but the water was the problem.

As thirst grew, people began to shrink at a frightening rate.

Since blood got mixed up with water on the first day, the water hadn’t been turned on since.

There was still room, but if they waited any longer…

The burdens he carried were the elderly and the children. He himself was a hunter.

The eyes around him became stinging.

Gyeon Tae-song had a long time to think by himself.

Zio felt her father’s arm shake as he hugged her.

“…I-I’ll do it. I-I will go out there…”

“Waaah. Daaad!”

A fairly smart child was well aware that she was the smallest among her peers, and that she was more liked than others.

And that’s why there was nothing better than a sympathy vote.

The nine-year old Zio cried loudly as she cried out for her father.

It was the first time she had done so since she was out of diapers, and it was done out of instinct planning.

The eyes that were looking at this side silently turned back.

March 25th, 20:15 at night

Two days into isolation.

***

“My princess, no, did you prefer your majesty?”

“…It’s difficult.”

“Of course it’s hard to cry like that! Fuck… dad was worried with mom about little Zio because you never cried but it seems we were worried for no reason. I didn’t know you could cry so well.”

“I do it when I need to.”

“Oh, yes, yes, I can live thanks to you, really.”

“Zio.”

Sponsored Content
“…”

“You know, ‘Dad’ is a hunter. Hunters are people who are given power from the sky to save people from the monsters over there. Zio also used to announce that she was proud of her dad being a hunter. Right?”

“But heaven gave him too little strength.”

“You’re right.”

“Don’t go, dad… Honestly, I am just pretending to be strong but I am actually scared.”

“…”

“I hate my grandmother who asked us to come here, and I hate the people who look at us weirdly. I am scared of the monsters, I really am scared. But I can stand it all when I am with dad. So don’t leave Zio behind, dad. Don’t leave me alone… okay?”

“…”

“Okay? Answer me, come on.”

“…”

“That’s an order, Gyeon Tae-song.”

“…Okay. All right, all right, yes. I won’t.”

“Promise me.”

“I promise.”

“Make a copy and sign it.”

“Come on. Copy. Siiign.”

“Good?”

“No.”

“…Zio really is like her mother. Dad used to dig dirt when he was at Zio’s age. Whose daughter are you to be so strong and good at speaking?”

“Everyone says I am just like dad when I go outside.”

“Hahaha, really? You are. Yeah. You are Dad’s daughter. Our Zio.”

My lovely treasure that didn’t hurt even if it was out in the eyes.

***

High (Tae)

Star (Song)

Sponsored Content
A night where the stars were exceptionally high.

His name was given by the head of the orphanage as a gift.

True to his name, her father, who lived a brighter life than anyone else and was foolishly kind might not be that wonderful of a person.

He couldn’t properly keep the promise he gave to his little daughter.

“Grandma, what about dad?”

“…”

“Eon-jeong-ajumma, where did my dad go?”

Zio, who was sick and exhausted from all that crying, had fallen into a deep sleep.

No one woke such a child up. It was an agreement that the adults came to together.

March 26, 10:15 in the morning

3 days into isolation.

The E-rank assistant hunter was patient and voluntarily left for the sake of requesting rescue.

There were no other volunteers.

***

“…Damn it! Why won’t this come off! Zio, Gyeon Zio! Can you hear teacher?”

“Zio, wake up. What should we do? Isn’t it dangerous for a child to have such a high fever?”

“This is grandma’s fault… yeah? Please open your eyes, I feel sorry for my poor child…”

“O-Oh my god, is that little girl going to die?”

“Student, stop saying such load of crap! Oh my god, isn’t this place supposed to be an oriental clinic.”

“That’s why I said to not let the kid’s father go and just watch!”

A fever that burned through the whole body.

It would be impossible to be treated by an oriental doctor, but rather another doctor.

Because it wasn’t a human disease made for humans.

Gyeon Zio could hear someone shouting beyond the clamor.

【Found you】

The beings from far away.

It was the first gate towards the star and soul, a stigmata.