Chapter 2

The next day I was heading home from town where I had spent all afternoon, when I saw George. He had a guitar on his back and walked towards me when he saw me.

“Hi Rosalie, how are you?” he asked with a smile.

“I’m fine” I said and felt a tickle going through my body.

“Are you going home?” he asked and continued “…or will you accompany me to the park?” he asked and looked into my eyes. I felt my blood rush to my cheeks.

“Um, yeah sure”, I said trying to sound as normal as I could, in order to hide the quite obvious crush I had on George.

George found a nice remote place in the park, and we both sat down. He pulled his guitar onto his lap and started playing. I was looking at his slim fingers, who worked their way up and down the neck of the guitar.

”You play really good. You’ve become much better since the last time I saw you playing for like...one year ago”, I said after he finished the song called Raunchy.

“Thank you, wow, was that really only one year ago? I had just then started to play. I made so many mistakes, I remember”, George chuckled.

“I know, but at that time you really wanted to play the guitar even though it was very hard, and see where you are now!” I said with a smile “You’re almost playing professionally”.

“Well, I’m not even near professional” George said and started to play lightly on the guitar strings.

“You could be” I said simple. He smiled

“Thank you Rosalie”.

There was an awkward silence. I looked around. We sat by a lake. The sun was shining through the high trees, we were sitting under. I started to take of my shoes. George looked on while I started going out into the water.

“Hey! What are you doing?” he grinned, “I’m not sure it’s allowed to bathe in the lake” he said and quickly looked around to see if there were any Park guards near.

“Oh, stop being such a coward!” I said and splashed some water at him.

“Hey! You shouldn’t have done that!” he said with a grin and started taking his shoes of and rolled his pants up to his knees, before running into the water. He started splashing water on me, and I did the same. He grabbed me from behind so we both fell onto our knees in the water, which by the way only was knee high if you stood up. He looked into my eyes. His eyes were as beautiful as always. His hair was soaking wet, and drops of water from his hair, were rolling down his face. I smiled and closed my eyes. I felt his lips on mine, soft and kind.

“Hey! You two! Get out of the water before I count to three!”

A Park guard was standing in front of the lake, with his hands in his sides. He had a big, fat belly, and a big red nose. We got out of the water in half a second.

“The next time, I’ll catch you’ I’ll call your parents!” the guard hissed and went on with his route. I looked at George who looked at me and we both started to laugh. We were both soaking wet, so we lay down in the sun, in order to let our clothe dry quicker.             

“Rosie! You’re all wet!” My mom noticed, as I got home. “What happened?” I quickly made up a story about how I had slipped and accidently fell into the lake in the park. My mum didn’t ask any further questions, and I went up to my room and started to write in my diary.

A few days past, and I didn’t see the shadow of George. I was madly in love with him. I couldn’t stop smiling, when I thought of the kiss in the lake. I was caught many times under dinner just smiling.

“What are you smiling about, Rosie?” My mum asked, when I hadn’t answered her question. I was floating on a pink sky.

“She’s in looove”, Alice had mocked.

“I am not” I had said sharply, but Alice was right. I was in LOVE.