Caught

Ranboo pov~

Well, ok maybe opponents was the wrong wording. The pro heroes fought against villains and criminals, keeping the streets safe with their enhancements. Which were basically glorified super powers that about 30% of the population had, and even fewer of that 30% had any enhancement that was powerful enough to make them a hero or villain, only about 10%, so in all only about 3% of the entire population were pro heroes or villains.

Me and my team mates, the bench trio as we called ourselves, were neither hero or villain- we were vigilantes that fought criminals in the back streets; however vigilantism is illegal so whenever a hero spots us, they have to arrest us. Many heroes had no quarrels with vigilantes, some often being pained by the fact that they had to stop us, whereas some treated us just as any other common criminal, despite the fact that me and my team mates where part of that 3% that had powerful abilities, mine being the most powerful even though teleportation was just a slither of my true enhancement.

Philza was one of those heroes that hated having to stop vigilantes, when he could he would try and recruit them to become a pro hero, just as he had done for the now pro hero Nihachu who was now one of the most beloved by the public. Technoblade was a hero who didn't really care about vigilantes, he would try and not harm them, but would always end up arresting them. Wilbur Soot, or Siren, was somewhere inbetween his brother and father, not wanting to harm vigilantes, but willing to arrest them.

Philza had a concerned look on his face, his blue eyes wracked with guilt as his large crow wings shuffled as a sign he wanted to speak,

"Hey mate, sorry about that we just couldn't let you teleport away. Thats your enhancement right? teleportation?" he fixed his green and white stripped bucket hat, almost expecting me to answer. 

Technoblade on the other hand had now moved over to a wall besides his brother Wilbur, folding his arms and sighing, flicking his long pink braid over his shoulder, his white pig mask and red eyes staring at me, sizing me up. Despite the fact that he was clearly the one who had shoved me into the wall, his white and red royal clothing remained unruffled and clean.

Wilbur Soot, or Siren, had been looking around, presumably for my team mates, but was now looking at me with a serious expression, his finger less gloved hands smoothing his brown trench coat, giving me a glimpse of one of the blades he had strapped to his belt,

"Your team mates ran away, not great partners are they mr. silent?" he mocked. I flinched at the use of the wrong pronouns but didn't say anything. Siren however noticed and quickly apologized, something like understanding flashing behind his eyes, "shit sorry! I should have asked for your pronouns! I'm guessing they/them?" he ran a hand though the puff of curly brown hair that was poking out through his beanie, I was honestly surprised that he was ok with it, then again he did have a trans son who was also a hero by the name of Vixen. 

This time I nodded and mimed an x on my throat, hoping to get across the point that I preferred to not speak. Philzas eyes widened and he nodded,

"we all know sign language don't worry! Are you deaf? Or mute?" he asked. I quickly signed back

selectively mute

He straightened and went back to business,

"Now Portal, this isn't the first time we've run into each other is it?" he questioned, making me cock my head. The Bench Trio had run into several hero teams during our two years of vigilantism, the Sleepy Bois inc being the most common, "but this is the first time we've actually managed to speak!" that made me narrow my eyes

You mean corner

"Nonono! I'm not trying to threaten you mate!" Philza waved his hands infrount of his face and smiled, this however just made me back up. Technoblade saw this and pushed off from the wall, sheathing the sword he had laid against the wall,

"Your quite skittish aren't you?" he stated more then asked

Its my nature

This made him scoff, which in turn made my blood boil.

"Well mate, unfortunately we cant let you walk away scot free..." Philza started. I was well aware of this, they were heroes and I was currently a vigilante, "however, you have a powerful enhancement and have save multiple people, such as that old lady in the other street." Siren smirked and pieces clicked together in my head

Your the one who was watching us

I quickly shot at him, making the hero stutter on his words before he gave up and mumbled, "damn your observant". I sighed but didn't let my guard down, looking back at Philza so he could continue,

"We would like for you too work with us! The heroes I mean, and if you prove yourself we can drop the charges that come with vigilantism and you could become a pro hero like Nihachu." I was internally steaming, these fucking pro heroes always bossing and black mailing people, hiding it behind a smile and well thought out wording. 

I thought for a second, never taking my eyes off the trio. This could work to my liking, I could work with them and potentially become one of them, and in the process destroy them from the inside out and show the world what frauds they truly are.

Externally I showed a slight confliction, well aware that most of it would be hidden by my disguise.

I don't really have a choice do I?

This made Siren smile, "no not really" he stood up straight and held out a hand, "come on let get you back to base, I have a strong feeling your in a lot more pain than your letting on, plus I wouldn't be surprised if Techno managed to break something" he chuckled at the end.

Sorry, not a fan of physical contact

I apologetically signed before cautiously moving closer, granting them a better look at the few features left on show,

"Nice eyes mask boy. Lets go." Of cause he would comment on my grey eyes. With that Technoblade started to walk out of the alleyway, and I knew that neither Philza nor Siren would let me be at the back to I just followed Technoblade with Siren walking next to me and Philza flying somewhere above.