𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑

Start from the beginning

Her dreams, soon after being crumbled, began rebuilding. A feared man from the legends was asking for her hand in marriage, what a bragging statement! Sure he wasn't an emperor, but he wasn't even supposed to be real! Finally something she could outdo Venus in, if they ever met again. They could compare husbands.

Were Venus and Technoblade married? It didn't seem like it yet she wouldn't be surprised if they were. It looked more like they were well acquainted - but Venus was never clear with her emotions, the girl was very much a stoic.

"Princess... your escort has arrived..." Omolara knocked on the door and mentioned before bowing and leaving before the surprised princess could start talking to her. Cecilla was shocked at least - already? The letter had just arrived!

She hurriedly changed and did some level of makeup, she carried some with her but kept to: shaping her eyes; quickly ripening the colour of her rotund lips and highlighting her nose slightly. That before brushing her hair out - it was growing to be quite the annoyance with how long it was, and letting it out behind her as she rushed with one of her bags. She wasn't sure how many she should bring so despite having another entire chests worth of things, she knew that a bag of the bare essentials would suffice. Upon reaching the throne room, slightly tired because of the journey, she saw a man.

Shorter than she was, she was 5'10, the boy looked around 5'9 at most, but seemed more like 5'8 - only taller than the knight beside him by an increment. He had dark brown hair, and his eyes were masked with tinted glasses. Blue seemed to be the colour of his choice, wearing navy pants and a lighter blue for his tunic, which also had a white rectangle bordered red. It was basic, he looked basic, but not bad looking - sharp and defined jawline with slightly curly hair and some stubble, he was inexpressive as well, with a resting face and lips more on the horizontal side. Sapnap (the knight present in the hall) bowed to the boy, Cecilla only realised he had status when she saw his cloak, a traditional royal cloak - coloured a royal blue like her dress.

"King George." Sapnap joked to the man, who punched his arm and laughed as Sapnap winced.

"Oh woah! Are you Cecilla?" He asked with a quick bow. She nodded, almost disappointed with what she was seeing. If that was Dream, she would have felt slightly betrayed. But his name was George, thankfully.

"Yes! A pleasure meeting you." She almost purred with excitement and smiled as he nodded and pulled a face.

"I see what he means now... is that all? We have a carriage." He pointed to behind him where a horse could be seen.

"Oh! Yes! Omolara! Could you get the chest?" Cecilla called, thanking the girl who arrived minutes later with the chest in her arms. George shrugged and pushed it into the carriage before allowing Cecilla to step in. Her parents stood by the door as she sat down, both quiet and tearful.

"Darling, are you sure of this? I mean your mother and I waited a month!" Damien tried to reason.

"Father, you only waited a month because that was when mother turned 18. I'm far overdue! Allegra beat me to marriage. She's 15! Plus, with the way the kingdom is going, I think it's better I leave. Renée can take the throne, we've other things to issue ourselves with. Raise him correctly. I'm not gone forever!" She giggled and let her hand out for her mother to touch, "this will be good for us. I promise." She smiled and looked forward. The carriage began moving forward and she waved goodbye to the parents and wondered where her little sister was, probably with her partner.

For the first portion of the ride, it was silent, without anything said. It wasn't tense but it was awkward at least. So Cecilla tried making conversation with the man on the horse, "George, right? You're quite good looking." She complimented him. He just nodded.

"Mutual... yes... Cecilla... Dream's been talking about you non-stop so hopefully now he'll shut up." George complained. Cecilla wasn't sure how she felt with that response - if it made her seem like a burden or not.

"Who is Dream? And who... are you?" She asked slowly while looking outside. She had never really left the kingdom. The large expanses of fields and sparse trees appealed to her as something new. She had been stuck within the castle, mostly alone her whole life. She was moving away quickly which added to the wonder. There was a certain rush that arrived along with the travelling - Cecilla could understand why Venus did it so much. Her love for adventure was probably the only reason why she survived that long out in the wild.

"Dream's my friend... he's my good friend, and he protects me as a knight. I'm the ruler of the kingdom though. The king, but I like using "prince". It makes me feel younger." He explained without much to go off of, she took that in.

"Why is the king of a nation picking up a princess for their friend?" She suddenly asked, there was a mix of disappointment and satisfaction knowing her future husband had that sort of power over his friend, who ruled the kingdom.

"I don't know! He told me and I was like fine, whatever! That idiot sent me. I'm worth more than that!" He complained much to Cecilla's disinterest. He was borderline boring and did not enjoy doing things for himself. Some king. It took away from the pride that came with Dream having power over him. But George didn't have much power to begin with, apparently.

The rest of the ride was silent. Cecilla grew tired of talking to the awkward man and looked outside at the expanses of dark fields and sometimes trees. It was a charming view; she could understand Venus enjoying it. It was weird since Venus didn't like forests all too much, but she didn't judge - she was marrying a monster apparently.

The night was charming, a dark sky with a few more stars than usual. She was able to appreciate the little things. The sky truly was more alive outside the brighter constraints of her kingdom - beautiful. She watched them for a portion of the journey. After a while, she fell asleep and slept the rest of the night.