𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑

Her days repeated like that, some changes such as skipping different meals or none at all, her bedroom was different or she did different things. That was until four days later, when she was sitting in her room dragging her time along before her father yelled her name from probably the throne room. He was loud-spoken but even the distance was a stretch. She heard her maid, Omolara, rush up the stairs and into the room, a young girl, with near-ebony skin from slightly further north. She was timid and had dark blue eyes, with what looked to be a speck of yellow in each eye. What made her unique was the fact she had wings, white wings with a blue shine to them. Nothing like any bird Cecilla had seen but it wasn't her top priority to know about her maid all too well.

Cecilla took the cue and made her way down the stairs with her maid behind her, both rushing to the throne room and seeing Damien there with his head in one hand and a letter in the other. Beatrice was there and for the first time in months, the two stood beside each other, sharing the same, dreaded expression. The princess went over and asked the issue, to which her father responded, "we've a letter for you..." he slowly offered the paper. It had been a while since Cecilla got an actual letter directed to herself, it felt like the first time, in all honesty. She hadn't seen her name written on blank parchment by someone else in so long. Slowly, she opened the folded piece of paper and spoke.

"Dear Princess,
I've never truly attempted to court anyone in my life, I don't know how these letters start. Yet here I am, writing to you, Cecilla Erotes of Olympa, requesting your hand in marriage.

We've met before, but never truly spoken; yet you've enchanted me! A woman of such effortless grace and determination - it endears me.

Of course, it is up to you to say yes or no. If you do say yes, I would request we meet at my kingdom. You don't need a route. There will be an interceder to meet with you.
Though it should be warned, if you do say no, I cannot guarantee the safety of your kingdom- what!?" Cecilla broke out of her reading to read over that again. It started off sweet and became a threat. She wasn't sure how she felt, a part of her was appealed by the courage. "Yours in the future, Dream." She finished off, her maid behind her flinching at the name. Cecilla turned and looked at her maid with a judging stare, the maid apologised.

"Sorry... I haven't heard that name in... a while..." she apologised again and looked away carefully. Cecilla paused as Damien took it to himself to ask about Dream some more. "Well, from where I am originally from: Saint Manberg-Palesa, Dream was a monster, never seen or heard of outside of the legends and horror stories told to keep children from... not being religious. He was imageless and was associated with the God of the main religion in the kingdom, Prima. Many people, as I grew up, said he was related to the monarch line - he chose the next monarch and acted like God's messenger. So only the prince would know of him..." she explained before pausing to remember more of what she was saying, "ah... he... he was a monster even his creator feared. Never spoken about nor challenged..." she finished and bowed before being dismissed.

Damien looked devastated, so did Beatrice. Cecilla however, was excited to meet the man. Such a powerful, reputable man. Maybe not royalty but if he truly had close connections to the royal family then she was ready to pack her bags and leave. No one would try to kill someone they loved - especially added to the fact they were as pretty as Cecilla!

"Wonderful! I'll pack my bags! What? It's only fair, he may actually attack the kingdom! Plus, I need to get married off. If he's powerful, I'm safe! I'll be fine!" Cecilla quickly rushed to her room to pack her bags and pretty-up for her future monster husband. A part of her dreaded that the monster may actually be a monster, someone ugly or rancid to the eyes. But she moved past that, she would have spotted a monster if they had apparently met before. And the writer, "Dream", knew her full name and kingdom. So they had met before. Or were on some common ground. She wasn't sure when the interceder would arrive, after all, it never specified, but she sorted an outfit. A black dress with a royal blue over-dress, a corset above that and a short cloak edged with golden thread, connected with a thick, golden, twisted rope with tassels. A heavy dress, she wasn't sure where she was going but the amount of layers made it easy to make do. She looked it up and down as the night set and she smiled.