Rise of Gideon: Part 1

Start from the beginning

"Ladies and gentlemen!" Gideon declared, grabbing the audience's attention. "Today I am delighted to announce my plans for the former Mystery Shack. I give you... Gideonland!"

The crowd cheered as Gideon unveiled a small model of what the amusement park would look like. A few rides, a roller coaster, and a giant statue of Gideon in the center. Dipper thought that it didn't look all that impressive for a theme park, but the rest of the audience seemed to think it was the greatest thing since sliced bread.

"We're gonna turn this dirty ol' shack into three square miles of Gideon-tertainment," the child performer announced. "And introducin' our new mascot, Lil' Gideon Jr.!"

Bud Gleeful pulled a cover off of something in his hand, revealing Waddles dressed up in a Gideon costume.

"Boom, he's a pig!" Gideon said with a smile.

"Waddles!" Mabel cried. "You monster!"

"All right, that's it!" Stan said as he ripped off his disguise and pushed to the front of the crowd.

The Pines pushed their way onto the stage, Stan taking over the microphone.

"Listen up, people!" the old man announced. "Gideon's a fraud! This kid broke in and stole my property!"

"Arrest him, officers!" Mabel said to the two cops.

The girl looked to her side, expecting her brother to chime in, but was confused to see that he was still in the crowd, wearing his disguise. She gave her brother an angry "get your butt up here" look, but he just shook his head.

"Such accusations!" Gideon said, feigning hurt. "Mr. Pines, I recall you gave the property to me. Look, here's the deed right here!"

Gideon pulled the deed out of his suit, and the sheriff and deputy each nodded.

"Well," Blubs said, "that's all the proof I need to see."

"I love you, Lil' Gideon!" Durland cried out. "Sing them funny songs!"

At his legal approval, Gideon snapped his fingers. Two extra burly bodyguards walked up behind Stan and Mabel. The two Pines were grabbed, arms pinned behind their back, and carried off the stage. Mabel thrashed violently, but couldn't break out of the vice grip she was held in.

"Hey!" Mabel exclaimed. "Lemme go!"

"Now get off my property, old man!" Gideon spat, slapping a Lil' Gideon pin on Stan's suit.

"I'll show you who's the old man!" Stan shouted, before wincing at an ear-splitting sound. "Ow, my hearing aid! Ow!"

Gideon laughed as the two were escorted off stage. "Thanks for visiting Gideonland, friends! Don't come back, I don't care for y'all."

Dipper and Soos met up with Mabel and Stan as they were shoved off of the premises. Mabel stuck her tongue out at the guy who manhandled her, kicking a rock in his direction.

"You try that again and you're gonna be in a world of hurt!" Mabel shouted at his back, before rounding on her brother. "What the heck, Dipper!? Why didn't you come up with us!?"

"Because going up on stage and accusing Gideon of stealing the Shack was never going to accomplish anything," Dipper responded simply. "In case you haven't noticed, Gideon has the entire town wrapped around his finger. No one is going to believe he stole it."

"Well, we have to do something!" Mabel exclaimed.

"We have to do something that'll work," Dipper corrected. "We've gotta be smart about this, or we'll never get the Shack back."