Insecurities | Dream Reaction #2 (maknae-line)

Start from the beginning

As the facade you had been holding up broke, Jaemin took you into his arms and let you cry. He'd gently pat your head and press a few kisses onto your hair. He felt so bad that you had been struggling alone and he hadn't noticed until now. The two of you would spend the rest of the day together, talking out things. It was a serious moment in your relationship that both of you needed to go through.

Since then, Jaemin would be more attentive and be there as encouragement if you ever doubted yourself. He made sure to reassure you every once in a while that you were the only one for him and he could never look at any other girl the same way.

✎________________________________________________________________

CHENLE

The young singer felt oddly giddy today. He had been so caught up with promotions for the new album. Other than texting and calling on occasion, Chenle hadn't been able to see you face to face in weeks. He found himself missing your warm presence more than he cared to admit. But now he was given a small break before going back to work, the boy practically skipped over to your apartment.

Right away he began to feel recharged when you opened the door to him. Despite all the elated emotions rushing through, he held back.

"Hey there, cutie," He'd say nonchalantly. Rolling your eyes at his attitude, you'd lightly pull your boyfriend inside.

"Hello to you too." You said quietly, grateful that you didn't stutter.

To be honest, you were a bit nervous about Chenle coming today. Not because you didn't want to see your boyfriend, you had missed him just as much as he did. While he was gone, you let your insecurities overtake you and had fallen back into bad habits. But with hope, you didn't think he would notice anything.

Quickly after taking his shoes off, the boy took you in his arms for a hug. This was the most he could do when he was restraining himself. He gently squeezed his arms around your waist as you laughed shyly before hugging back. To your dismay, Chenle noticed something was off only a few seconds into the embrace.

He'd slightly pull away but have his arms on your shoulders. Looking you up and down, Chenle tried to pinpoint what was different.

"Did you lose weight?"

Several mental curses went off in your head. You removed his hands away from you and stepped back. "Hm? No, I didn't."

Obviously not convinced, your boyfriend asked more questions. "Have you been eating properly? Did you forget to take care of yourself while I was away?"

Chenle frowned when you responded with silence. "Did you eat... anything today?"

"No," You nearly whispered. You couldn't look him in the eyes.

Expecting to be criticized, you felt Chenle take your hand and bring you to the kitchen. He sat you down at one of the counter seats and started to look around for something he could cook. Of course, there was barely anything in your fridge. But he found some ramen packs in your pantry. That would have to do for now.

As he cooked, he would scold you. "I don't understand why you'd do this to yourself."

"Sometimes...sometimes I just let the dark thoughts get the best of me," You tried to explain, speaking softly.

"But (Y/n), you didn't need to lose any weight in the first place," Chenle paused before checking the noodles.

He'd begun to feel slight guilt when he heard the growing apprehension in your tone. "I know it's not good and I know that I'm only making myself look stupid. But...but I can't help it."