- What now?  –  Lan Wangji snapped.  –  Speak clearly, moron!

- I... I just have to make a stop... Very quickly! Check something. And then... Dunno... We could go to my office, and order some food! Yea? It will be fine... No one will interrupt, I promise! And... we can wait for 2 o'clock there... And...

He ran out of air  –  finally!  –  and, gasping, now squeezed the steering wheel too hard, staring right ahead at the back of the car in front of them in the jam, blushing. His brother took a quick look, and it was all as clear as day.

Just one thing could make his Ge blush. Well, at least right now it was just the one.

- You wanna go to him,  don't you?  –  he huffed.  –  I know he works across the street, Ge! I am not an idiot!

- I... Ughhh...  -  Lan Huan puffed comically, and in a second turned to him, grinning, puppy eyes to go as well, to match the grin.  –  Pleeease???

Arms crossed at his chest, Lan Zhan just clicked his tongue, but did not object. He had no desire to be anywhere  else today anyway, and he definitely  didn't want to be with anyone else but his Ge.

***The Tuesday traffic in the city center was quite heavy around the noon time, and it took quite a while for Lan Huan to find a back alley where he could park the car

***

The Tuesday traffic in the city center was quite heavy around the noon time, and it took quite a while for Lan Huan to find a back alley where he could park the car.

- Do you wanna come with?  –  he asked tentatively. He was a little worried to leave his Di all alone in his current moody state; Lan Wangji was still quite shaken, although he was doing his best to hide it.

- Just to stretch my legs.  –  he pouted.  –  I am not  gonna go inside!

- Sure, sure.  –  Lan Huan grinned.  – The weather is gorgeous today, sunny! Your fiancé is in luck today!

As soon as the joke slipped his lips, he regretted it. Him and his big mouth!

- I... I'm sorry.  –  he mumbled.

Lan Zhan froze for a moment, but he immediately remembered the promise he had given in front of his parents just an hour ago.

- It's fine. You're not wrong.  –  he said firmly.

Lan Huan watched him get out of the car, gaping. Sometimes, rarely, his younger brother just left him speechless and amazed him too much.

***

They circled around and got to the main street again, and  –  true to his word  –  Lan Wangji just lingered in front of the bar without entering, watching his brother hurry inside, too impatient to be with his lover again. 

Hands deep in his pockets, he was staring through the huge French window, not really curious, nor willing to pry, but rather fascinated with the pull between those two: Lan Huan stumbled inside, ignoring everything, and just rushed to go around the counter. The moment Jiang Cheng saw him enter, he gaped and dropped the glass, the drink he had been holding in his hand, and  –  moved by some spell  –  he glided along, taking the few steps to the end of the counter in a heartbeat, and the two of them met, clashed, and merged in such a tight embrace that Lan Wangji wondered whether it hurt. The shorter man hid his face in his Ge's shoulder for a moment, and a quick dart of jealousy pierced through his heart. They talked for a minute and then, shyly, kissed, a short, desperate kiss.