chapter one

hi there and thanks for reading my story! it's my first fanfic ever,
sorry if the intro is slow but you'll meet eddie in this chapter

(edit: story starts off a bit slow so sorry for that!)

Although the sun was already shining brightly on the sky and you were wearing a sweater over your cheerleader outfit, the morning breeze still felt chilly and gave your bare legs goosebumps. It grasped your hair and made you shiver. Where was she? You glanced at the clock on your wrist. 7.15AM. The pep rally was about to start. After that, english, if you remembered correctly. It was all still pretty new to you and you hade not quite memorized the subject schedule yet. Honestly, you didn't know the names of the people in your different classes either. It was march and you had only attended to Hawkins High School for about three months now. Your parents divorce last summer had forced you to move states with your mother, to her new boyfriend's house in the town Hawkins. 

"Hey (Y/N)!"

You flinched at the sound of your name and turned your head over your shoulder. "Hi Robin, there you are," you hugged your friend in a greeting before continuing, "we're both going to be late, we really gotta hurry!"

"Sorry, I overslept. I had to do my makeup in the car with Steve rambling on about his girlfriends." Robin explained as she started following the group of students toward the gym. 

You giggled and followed her. "Okay, but what about your friend?" 

"(Y/N)!!" Robin gave you a sharp glance and you could see her cheeks turning red.

"Sorry, I just think it's time you tell her something."

"What about all your admirers?"

"Come on, the jocks you mean? Ugh. Not looking for a boyfriend. You on the other hand should definitely make your move."

"Stop talking!" Robin hissed.

"Good luck, see you!"

"Good luck!" She responded before you guys parted ways. You had different roles at the pep rally. Robin played the trumpet and you were on the cheerleader team. It did not take long before the school accepted you into the team; just one tryout and you were on since you already had experience from your last school. Now it was time for a pep rally before the 'big game' later tonight. 

The little cheer-show before Jason's inspirational speech went good, and after patiently waiting for Chrissy's boyfriend to be done talking, it was time for class. You were right, you had English. You followed some of your friends to the classroom and sat down beside Claire, one of the cheerleader girls.

"I'm so excited for the game tonight. Aren't you?" She asked with a big smile. 

"Yeah, sure." You replied back, trying to sound convincing. You looked around the room to find Robin a few seats away from you. You two exchanged a small wave and a smile. You couldn't see Chrissy though. 

 "It's an important game tonight, I feel like some of the freshmen seem promising. Don't you think?"

"Right. Is Chrissy not here-"

The conversation was cut off by your English teacher. "Hello everyone. Are you ready for some English literature?" No response from the class. "Oh, if only you could cheer for my class like you do for your football team and cheerleaders. Good work at the Pep Rally everyone. Anyhow. English literature, we're going to prepare to analyze different texts from different writers." The teacher continued on about the upcoming task which turned out to be a group project.
At the end of the lesson you were going to be divided into groups of two or three to discuss a multitude of old texts and compare them, to in the end write your own texts in different styles. How exciting.