"Why, of course. Friollo just told me about it, and since it's a tradition we must do it." Freya said, clasping her hands together.

Friollo felt like needing a lot of air after hearing that, his dragon's panicky breath wasn't helping either.

Freya feeling something is wrong turned around to look at Friollo and Friollo just smiled at her as soon as she looked at him.

"Love, are you alright?" Freya asked worriedly before placing the back of her hand on Friollo's forehead.

"I.. I'm fine, no need to worry." Friollo said. Freya just sighed before nodding in understanding.

"Alright," After saying that, Freya turned back to look at Kaan. "Where should we start the ritual? Is it in your office?" Freya asked, peeking inside Kaan's office.

Kaan let out a small chuckle before shaking his head in denial.

"No, your majesty. We should perform it in a more.. natured place. The garden perhaps, although there are lots of spikes since this was a former spike dragon kingdom after all. But that will be enough, it's still nature." Kaan said before going inside his office and taking a few things that is needed to perform the ritual.

"Let's go?" Kaan asked, also glancing at Friollo, feeling a bit worried with his king's condition. Because he knew Friollo too well to not know that Friollo is a little scared. He couldn't blame him, there had actually been pretty painful rumours about the ritual in his childhood.

They finally arrived in the garden where almost every ground have spikes and every trees too. They walked towards a wide space in the garden where there are only grass.

"Okay, let's start. You two should stand on that place first." Kaan said, pointing at the middle of the wide place. Freya nodded before pulling Friollo with her.

When the couple are finally in the place Kaan's instructed, he took out five blue candles and five red candles before placing it on the ground around the couple.

He then took a knife and a big white towel before ordering Freya to open her palm and she did. He then cut on it, making Freya hiss in pain. He then used the fabric to wipe the blood from Freya's palm.

Friollo looked away from it since he doesn't want to interfere with everything. He snapped out of his thoughts when Kaan finally called him to open his palm.

He sighed nervously before opening his palm and Kaan cut on it, of course, Friollo being Friollo, he didn't mind the pain, he was more nervous about how the ritual would go.

Kaan wiped Friollo's palm with the towel. Both their palms finally healed a few seconds later.

"I will put the towel on the ground, the both of you must step on it." Kaan said. The couple nodded before raising their feet so that Kaan could place the towel on the grass under their feet.

"There. Now you two should hold hands and place your foreheads against each other, closing both of your eyes." Kaan instructed, Freya smiled at Friollo and this made Friollo less nervous as he leaned in and so did Freya, placing their foreheads against each other.

Kaan almost melted at how sweet the both were. He took the book before reading the spell, but of course, not before making sure that it is actually the spell, this is a very important ritual after all. There should not be a mistake.

After chanting the spell, he raised his hands and floated in the air with his eyes turning white, the candles began to glow and lit up. The blue candle, lit up with a blue flame and the red candle with a red flame.

The people in the dragon realm were just minding their own businesses when an image of two moving dragons, one blue and one red appeared in the sky.

All of the people stared at it with a stunned and amazed expressions, stopping on what they were doing.

The two dragons caressed on each other before stopping with their foreheads against each other.

Meanwhile, Freya and Friollo's wings began growing, their bodies starting to glow. Just then the blue and red flame of the candles started to grow like strings, circling around the couple until they were fully covered by the fire.

It continued to circle towards the sky until it reached the two dragons, forming into a heart and blowing up.

The people under it all closed their eyes with their hands covering their faces after the explosion.

"No way! This is the binding ritual of our queen and king! They finally did it!" One of the dragon's shouted. After the explosion died down, the people were full of excited expressions because they clearly heard about what the other person said.

Their king and queen binded!

-

I have such an imagination.