Sore

"Y/N, my sweet. We are here."

The sound of Loki's voice pulled me from my dreamless sleep. Both doors to the backseat of the car were open, Binx standing in the grass with my bag hanging awkwardly from his mouth. A hopeful light shown in his eyes when he noticed I was awake, his tail mirroring his joy as it wagged.

"Which safe house are we at?" I yawned as I slowly pushed myself to sit up while Loki climbed out of the backseat.

"We are two states away from the compound. I told James you wouldn't want to go this far from the others, but he thought it was best to distance ourselves from that store since we did leave a bit of a mess behind." Loki explained as he came around to the other side of the car after closing his door, holding out a hand for me to take.

I took it, the other hand used to help me scoot across the seat and out the door. Once I was on my feet, I made a small disapproving noise as a dull ache shot through my thigh.

"Are you alright?"

"Yea, just sore. I guess the wound itself is gone but some of the pain that would've come from healing the normal way didn't get the memo to leave too."

Without a word, Loki scooped me into his arms with ease as Binx turned and ran up the steps and onto the large wrap around porch of the safe house. He watches Loki approach before disappearing inside, presumably to drop my bag somewhere so he could explore our temporary home.

I didn't bother telling Loki to put me down or that I could walk just fine, that being sore wouldn't be that bad to deal with for a while. I knew he wouldn't hear it, he'd just argue and I know doing something as simple as this would help ease his mind. I managed to get a good look at the outside of the house before we went in. It was a large, pale yellow two story farm house with a dark brown wrap around porch that held a few bench swings strategically built in. The inside looked like something you'd see in a home magazine that's trying to sell you everything in it to redecorate your house. There were plenty of windows, all made of bulletproof glass and unable to open; all with their blackout curtains drawn closed for our safety. If they were open before we got here, Bucky definitely closed them.

Loki toed off his shoes next to Bucky's boots by the door, but used his magic to remove mine and place them on the ground with the rest. Instead of heading straight up the bare wooden stairs to a bedroom like I expected, Loki turned to the right and walked into a large living room with a big brown leather couch that took up a wall; a few matching recliners were placed throughout the room, all of which faced the huge flat-screen TV mounted into the wall. My bag was on the floor beside the couch, Binx nowhere in sight.

"I'm surprised you didn't take me to bed."

"If you wish for me to bed you, all you have to do is ask." Loki's words felt like warm caramel as they were whispered into my ear, causing my cheeks to color.

"N–Not like that. I meant I'm surprised you didn't put me in a bed and demand that I rest since you seem to think I can't walk right now."

"You should not walk right now, you are sore and therefore still healing. I knew that if I did that, you would leave the bed as soon as you were left alone, so I decided to avoid a pointless argument and put you down here. That way you can be near James and I but still rest."

"You act like you two wouldn't just hover around me if I was upstairs." I grinned as Loki carefully lowered me onto the couch, making sure a decorative pillow was firm before guiding me to lay back and let my head rest against it.

"Hush." Loki said as he handed me a TV remote from the end table behind me and straightening up. "I will see if James needs assistance with unpacking and preparing dinner, don't get up when I leave. If I find you've left the couch, I'm afraid I may be left no choice but to get creative in finding a way to keep you on your back." Smirking as he finished his sentence, Loki turned and quietly exited the room.