Tension

"Woah uh oh, someone got lucky." Sam was the first to greet the three of us when we returned from our mission.

"Everyone in the world but you." One hand resting on my shoulder and holding my cropped leather jacket over my shoulder, I strode past him with a raised brow. I hadn't made a single attempt to hide the hickeys decorating my neck and parts of my chest and shoulder that my tank top exposed.

"Damn." Hand to his chest, Sam looked offended but delighted that I had picked on him after he teased me.

"What did you expect from her?" Bucky's smirk was evident in his voice.

"Perhaps to be confided in with every detail?" Loki hummed, following us inside the compound.

"Damn, just bein friendly." Sam muttered but didn't sound particularly upset about our banter.

We hadn't talked about what happened, and I wasn't willing to put myself through the embarrassment of being the one to bring it up. We all went to our respective rooms, me closing my door behind me.

"You're home!" Binx barrelled off the bed and to me, standing on his hind legs and planting his paws on my chest.

"Yea, yea, I'm home." I laughed, tossing my bag to the foot of my bed before both hands came to squish Binx's chubby face. "How ya doin, big guy?"

"I protected our room, and I played with the kid. Thor tried to understand me, but he's not good at it. Bruce, Natasha and Wanda are okay at reading my looks."

"Sounds about right. Go easy on Thor, I think he just likes making friends." I carefully grabbed his paws before lowering them so he could stand on all fours again. I toed off my leather boots by the door before padding to my bed and opening my bag to start pulling things out and throwing what needed to be washed into my laundry basket.

"Wait."

"What?"

"Smells different."

"What does? Me?"

"Yes. Smell like the two broody dudes. Bucky and Loki."

"Well, I did just spend a few days with them on a mission." I dismissed, not wanting to have this conversation with my dog.

"No. Big smell." Approaching me with a focused gaze, Binx started sniffing me and walking around me like he was afraid he'd miss something if he didn't. "Fuck. You fucked."

I all but choked on air, one of the candles scattered around my room flaming to life. "Dude, seriously?"

"Strong smell, too strong for just cuddles or hanging out." Binx jumped on the bed, starring me down as he stomped a paw over the next piece of clothing I was reaching for.

"What?" I sighed, not bothering to try and pull the fancy dress from under his paw. Just settled for gripping it and raising a brow at him.

"Force? Did they–" A low growl left him as he caught a scent I hadn't even considered being on my clothes. "JJ. Where is he?! Again?! Did they JJ you?!" By now he was growling and yanking the fancy clothes from my bag while shaking them roughly as if the clothing was what hurt me. He started barking whenever he dropped the clothes but always picked it up again.

"Binx. Binx! Come on. Everything's okay, I'm okay!" Pleading with him, I made to pick up one of the dresses just for it to be pulled out of reach and shaken around.

"What's going on in here?" Tony walked in, brows furrowed and hands on his hips.

"He's mad–"

"Is something wrong, or is this normal?" Loki slipped through the doorway, followed by Bucky and even Wanda.