Chapter Six

Glisten, how are you feeling?" Sunny asked, as they sat in her 'office'. The word 'office' was perhaps a stretch, considering that it was a ledge, open to the sun, but it had a beautiful view.

"A bit weird," Glisten sighed. Her stomach was churning, but there was something relaxing about talking to Sunny, "A lot happened yesterday, and I don't know quite how to feel."

"You have had a busy few days. I would have suggested sending you home, but since we've increased protection on the school, and there's been that terrible incident at Sanctuary, your father wanted you here. You can have a break from lessons, if you need it."

"No," said Glisten quietly, thinking that the opposite would probably be better, "I need something to take my mind off things."

"Fair enough," Sunny smiled warmly, "It's all probably very confusing and difficult for you at this point, but if you need to talk, then come and find Fatespeaker or me."

"Thanks Sunny," Glisten said, "It's so nice that the school has this set up so that we have someone to talk to." 

"Yeah, we figured out pretty quick that lots of these dragons just need someone to talk to," Sunny replied, "It actually hit me after seeing how different Peril was after finding someone to listen to her and care about her. Even if not quite as much as she might have hoped. He'll wake up one day." 

"Are you sure about that?" Glisten asked, "Clay seems pretty clueless." 

"He WILL wake up," Sunny insisted, "One day. Well, he'd better. Or else." Glisten couldn't help laughing at Sunny saying 'or else', as she was not remotely threatening. 

"Well, I'd love to keep talking, Glisten, but I have another appointment with Rainstorm now," Sunny said, "I'm thinking of you!" Glisten left to see Rainstorm approaching. 

"Did you just come from Sunny's?" he asked. Glisten couldn't help but think about how considerate it was of him to ask, when he could easily pull the answer out of her mind. 

"Yeah," she replied. 

"I guess it must all be a little bit crazy, what with being kidnapped, and then your mum being attacked," Rainstorm's voice was quiet and gentle, totally unlike the cheeky, cocky tone he adopted for bugging Lightbringer, "I'm going, because Mum and Sunny thought that it would probably be best to have a bit of a talk, since you know, I used my venom on another dragon for the first time. I feel a bit weird about it now, but I was saving your life, so I don't totally regret it."

"Well, see you round, Rainstorm," Glisten said, going automatically to the library, where she found Lightbringer, Firefly and Surf were talking and reading, enjoying their free time. Yes, at the same time. Yes, there was more talking than reading happening.

"GLISTEN!" Firefly cried, "How was it? Aunty Sunny is the best, right?" 

"She is pretty sweet and lovely," Glisten said. 

"She was my Winglet Advisor," Surf said, "She was so nice, and the best listener. Also she's one of the only people who my mother likes wholly and unreservedly." Glisten thought that although Sunny definitely deserved the praise, that wasn't the main thing on her mind. 

"Have Deathbringer, Tsunami and Peril returned from  finding where the kidnappers are?" Glisten asked. 

"Well, they're back," Surf replied, "But they had no luck finding the kidnappers. They followed Harrier's map, and found a cave that fit our descriptions perfectly, down to the smouldering scrolls in the corner, but no kidnappers. They had a lucky escape." 

"But what if it wasn't so lucky?" said a voice from behind them, and they turned to see Waterfall standing there, "Maybe the kidnappers had a diversion planned so that they could get a head start escaping."