𝖿𝗈𝗎𝗋𝗍𝗒-𝗍𝗐𝗈

Começar do início

•   •   •   •   •

Opening up the bedroom door, Armaan walked in and dropped his blazer onto the sofa. Knowing Nandini was outside in the balcony, Armaan went straight to change before doing some work.

As he exited the bathroom, Nandini was closing the bedroom door. "Where were you?" Armaan asked, confused to see her coming form outside. Hearing his voice, Nandini stilled. Crap. "Did he have to come just now!?" Slowly, Nandini turned around, making sure to hide everything behind her back.

Armaan looked at her, waiting for an answer. "Uh....I was getting water." Good save Nandini. "There's water right there." Armaan pointed towards the coffee table that had water sitting on it. Guess not. Nandini mentally cursed herself for coming up with such a stupid excuse. The faces she was making to scold herself were giving it even more away.

"Spit it out." Armaan crossed his arms against his chest, which showed he knew something was up and wouldn't move until he found out. "I told you. I was getting water. I went downstairs to get water because I was getting bored up here and wanted to snack on something." Seeing his stern expressions, Nandini knew he wasn't buying it.

"What's behind your back Nandini?" Nandini bit her lip, of course he knew. "Nothing." She knew this reply wouldn't make him budge and would only make him want to know even more. "Nandini. What's. Behind. Your. Back?" Armaan pressed each word harder as he knew Nandini was up to something.

Knowing there isn't anything to save now, she sighed and her hand fell to her side with the file. Armaan's eyes landed on the file as he narrowed them. "Who's file is that?" Taking a deep breath in, Nandini said, "I guess I'll tell you right now as you seem that curious, even though I was supposed to tell you later."

Armaan raised his eyebrow as Nandini walked closer to him. She handed him the file, which he took. Nothing was written on the outside so he opened it. Nandini sucked in her breath as she watched his eyes move around the file and read every word in it. His expressions were neutral so she couldn't tell anything.

After finishing reading the file, Armaan looked up and Nandini looked into his eyes, trying to read them. "What's this?" His voice was stern and Nandini didn't understand what he was feeling at the moment. She didn't know how to respond. "What's this Nandini?" he asked again after Nandini didn't reply the first time.

"The reports... The real reports after Saanvi maa's death." The air in Armaan's lungs was punched right out. No. It couldn't be right. These can't be her reports. But they were. They were her reports and the truth. The actual truth behind her death which he had no clue of.

"She had bladder cancer." Armaan lost his balance and took a step back. Nandini panicked but saw he was fine and was only going through the emotions because of the new discovery. "Armaan..." He shook his head as he started trembling. "This...this can't be it. I saw Nandini. I saw with my own eyes. The marks on her neck. It was suicide."

"Armaan. She was trying to kill herself but before she could, her disease killed her first." Armaan looked up at Nandini with confused eyes as she nodded. "She had known about the disease months back. She also knew she was going to die in less then a year. But she hid it from you because she didn't want it to affect your mental health."

His head started spinning as that day replayed in front of his eyes. He couldn't believe this. All these years he had been told she had hung herself but he didn't know she also had cancer and was going to die anyways.