"I-I'm sorry, KL." Parker stuttered as his cheeks reddened slightly. He was not expecting for Kyle to do such thing, and he could feel his heart accelerating inside his chest.

"Don't worry about it. I'm glad you are enjoying it." Kyle answered as he took a seat next to Parker. "Also, call me Kyle. KL is just my alias. Both of the letters are the initials of my name."

"Oh, that make sense." Parker didn't know this fact about Kyle. He had never heard of his real name despite of the fact that he is a big fan of his. His real name had always been unknown to him until now.

"KL is another side of me. The side that I prefer for my fans to see me as." Kyle explained, gazing up at the blank ceiling.

"Both sides seemed nice. I like them both." Parker replied without thinking. He was quite naive, and didn't realize that this phrase sounded more like a flirt than a compliment.

Hearing this, Kyle lowered his gaze to stare back at Parker. It was hard to read Kyle's expression, but he seemed to have been moved by Parker's words somehow. How could a boy leave him speechless like this?

After thinking about it for a moment, Parker realized how strange his phrase sounded, and he tried fixing it, "I mean...I meant to say that, um, that...Both sides are cool."

Kyle couldn't help but to smile brightly. This smile of his seemed genuine, as if he was actually having fun being around Parker. "I get it. Don't worry." There was a pause before he added, "And...Why do you want to study music exactly?"

"Um, well, I mean, it seems fun. I also enjoy listening to music a lot." Parker explained while interlacing his own fingers together, as if he was a bit nervous.

"I see. And, what do they need for a quota admission?" Kyle proceeded to ask more.

Parker answered, "I have to play one general song, and also compose a song on the spot."

"Hmm." Kyle thought for a moment and replied, "Then, how about we start by writing a song first? Mmm, for example, let's do it about your sister."

Parker tilted his head at this, not knowing how Kyle had figured out that he had a sister. "How do you know that I have a sister?"

There was silence for a while before Kyle responded, "I saw it on your phone's wallpaper. So I thought you two must be siblings. You guys are very alike."

"Ohh, right." Parker answered naively. Not over-thinking anything at all. He was actually feeling quite comfortable around Kyle. "And, about writing a song, how do I start that?"

Kyle explained, "It's not that difficult. Just try thinking about whom you want to write it about. If you want to write about your sister, try gathering some information about her, and list them out. For example, what's your sister's name?"

Parker, "Her name is Paris."

Kyle, "How is Paris like?"

Parker thought for a second and responded, "She's very cool. Very pretty. She's good at everything basically. I wish I could be like her in the future."

As Parker kept explaining, Kyle examined him from top to bottom. He noticed that Parker's sky blue eyes weren't shifting, and that he was relaxed when describing his sister. He wasn't getting into too much detail either, which probably meant that he was not lying. However, even this small information wasn't enough to give Kyle the information he actually wanted to know about Paris.

"I see. Then, try writing it out in the meantime. I'll be right back in a minute." Kyle spoke while getting off his chair, "Can I borrow your phone, by the way? Mine is dead from using it all day."

"Oh, of course." Parker said as he took his phone out of his pocket, handing it to Kyle after unlocking it.

"Thanks, I'll be right back. I just gotta make a quick call. Continue planning." Kyle told him before exiting out the music room.

The truth was that Kyle was actually not going to make a call, but instead, he wanted to inspect Parker's phone. He needed to make sure that there wasn't any useful information hidden somewhere.

The first thing Kyle went through in Parker's phone was his gallery. There wasn't anything unusual. Just selfies of him, and some pictures of foods, and his sister, of course. Kyle also went through Parker's text messages with Paris. They were normal text messages from siblings.

The last message that Parker had sent her was a paragraph of how much he misses her, saying:

╔═══════════════╗
How are you?
Are you doing well?
I know you won't probably
read this because
you have no internet,
like you mentioned
In the note.
But I wanted to tell you
that I'm so tired today.
I miss you, a lot.
Oh! Also,
KL is going to be my tutor.
It's like a dream come true!
╚═══════════════╝

That last sentence made Kyle smile softly for some crazy reason. He didn't know why, but he found Parker extremely adorable and innocent. He liked the fact that Parker had no ill intentions and that he still had a pure heart deep inside of him.

After checking Parker's phone, Kyle realized that there was really nothing he could dig out from him, and being his tutor would probably be a waste of time at the end. But, it was too late to abandon him now, right?

Kyle went back inside the music room, and returned the phone to Parker. "Here. I'm done with the call. Also, this will be it for today. I gotta head out somewhere right now. So, we'll continue our practice another time."

"Wait, hold on a minute." Parker held Kyle's wrist, making him sit down next to him. He then let go of him, and explained, "The thing is, I've managed to write a little bit of the song. Could you listen to it before you go? Please?"

Kyle wanted to decline, but seeing Parker's puppy eyes made him change his mind. "Mn, okay. Show me then."

Who would have thought that Kyle was actually going to be stuck here, in a music room, with a seventeen year old boy who loves music. It sounded crazy, but it was true. Parker didn't fail to impress Kyle in such a short amount of time.

⊰᯽⊱┈──╌❊╌──┈⊰᯽⊱

In the mansion, Paris was escorted outside to see the Mafia Leader who wanted to talk to her. He was outside, not playing chest surprisingly this time, but instead, he was in the large pool, relaxing. He seemed to be in a better mood today compared to yesterday.

Paris stood next to the pool silently, waiting for the Leader to speak first. "We rarely talk to each other, Paris. I just called you over to ask, how you are doing lately?" He asked her with a calm tone.

"Not so well, Sir." Paris answered, with no further explanations.

The Mafia Leader, "I've been informed about the recent things that have happened to you. I heard that Kai punished you yesterday. Do you know why she did that?"

Paris thought for a second before replying, "I guess it was because I failed to do the work the way she wanted."

The Mafia Leader shook his head at this with a slight smirk before saying, "How hard could it be? I know that Kai can be a complicated person, but your task is just to take care of her as her head bodyguard. Everyone makes mistakes at the end of the day. Just try to admit what you did wrong, and fix it. That's all you have to do."

Paris pursed her lips hearing this. She glanced up to the clear sky, and then back to the ground, trying to hold back the pain that she was still feeling in her chest whenever Kai's name was mentioned. "Then, can I kindly ask if I can take care of someone else? I don't think I can keep taking care of Ms. Kai, Sir."

The Mafia Leader turned his gaze to Paris, noticing the pained expression that she was wearing. So, it turns out that she was indeed hurt by everything that happened. He pondered for a moment and answered, "How about this? I'll give you one week to think everything through. Go back home and be your old self. Stay with your younger brother, take care of him. Don't think about work. And then, after one week, come back with an answer. Whether you still want to be Kai's bodyguard or not. Take your time."

⊰᯽⊱┈──╌❊╌──┈⊰᯽⊱

Tʜᴇ Mᴀғɪᴀ Aɴᴅ Hᴇʀ Bᴏᴅʏɢᴜᴀʀᴅ (ɢxɢ) ᴀɴɢɪᴇ_ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें