Present day

A woman with red hair walked into the police station, as soon as she came inside some of the officers upon seeing her stand straight at attention even those that are being booked in. Feeling a sense of dread going through their entire bodies as they watch her come inside. They called her the Red Queen, she earned that name after working on her first big case where she had to take down a mafia gang from the inside. Taking out all the small fry's first, then the big boys, all of them are gone in prison, yet for a few of them small fry's are now out and about only because they made a deal with her and now under her control. If something is going on in the city she is the first to know about it or else one of them is going to end up being on her shit list.

As she started walking towards her office one of her fellow officers called out to her.

"Good morning partner or should I say the Red Queen Dominique." Said a man with blackish brown hair standing at 6'0 tan skin, he has a scar over his face from his forehead going a little past his right eye. But can still see out of it with no problems at all.

Dominique turned around to see the man she knew as her friend and partner. She always teased him and called him young one just for fun.

"Awh good morning how the eye Marcus, I'm happy you can still see out of it. I told you to wait for backup that night while I was on that case 5 months ago."

Marcus pouted up and got embarrassed.

"Sh.. shut up I was doing fine till that creature came out of nowhere and blew up the area and attacked me."

Marcus said while walking down the hall with Miss Dominique towards the office.

"Oh come now Young One from detective Elisa following the report you were saved by that creature while you were unconscious, plus in your report you mentioned you shot at the creature before even determining if it was friend or foe."

Dominique retorted laughing a little bit from calling him young one knowing it was going to annoy him a bit.

Marcus not responding was done with the conversation knowing he should at least observe the situation a little better and waited for backup atleast or something.

Once they reached their office they got an email telling them to meet with the capn as soon as they came in for duty. As they made their way to the capn room both Marcus and Dominique were wondering what possible reason would the captain wanted to see them for. Last time they were summoned to his office they accidentally set off a bomb that was wired to a c4 remote control device. Thinking they deactivated the bomb exited the building knowing it had no one inside it and was still under construction left the bomb to get a bite to eat will quick across the street keeping the remote next to them but the only suspect in the back of the police car. Not thinking one of them sat done in the diner chair with the remote still in there pocket setting off the bomb luckily no one was hurt. But David Xantos being the one paying for the construction to be done was furious at the police department's stupidity at the time but happy no one was hurt.

The Captain of police gave both Dominique and Marcus a ear full that day and assigned them 1 month full of the worst assignments he could find for them. That was back when they were both rookies in the force. Reaching the captain's office they were met with a few other faces as well. David Xantos the one man they were not expecting to see and next to the a man with blond hair and guru style sunglasses sitting behind the desk was their captain a 50 year old man looking good at his age.

"Good you're both here, tonight I need you both at the doc around 9 pm. They're some very important artifacts coming in from overseas. Six of them won't be arriving till next morning but two of those items will be brought in tonight. And he wants them both delivered to him as fast as possible before anything bad happens. Is that understood!" The Captain said.