Slit Wrists and Battered Hearts |8+|

Start from the beginning

Our moment of serenity was broken as we heard the loud sound of his phone buzzing from his back pocket. Niall didn’t even bother reaching for his phone; instead he just kept looking down at me and stroking my cheek. I felt like I was in a haze at the moment… even though I had a strong feeling that Niall was really here with me… it still seemed like a dream.

My eyes closed despite my protests as Niall continued stroking my cheek; the gentle sensation was so pleasing, I almost found myself losing grip of my consciousness.

I could have sworn I was almost completely gone when I felt Niall jostling my shoulder as carefully as he could, "Olive, I needya tah stay awake fer me, can yeh do that?" he asked in a soothing voice as he looked down at me intensely.

"Please, jus' stay awake until we can get out a here. I don' know if there is any damage tah yer head, so please baby... please jus' keep yer eyes open fer me," he begged as I felt my eyes growing heavy once more.

Something was wrong... something was really wrong. I couldn't do it... I couldn't keep my eyes open no matter how much I wanted to, "I-- I can't," I said in a whisper.

The last thing I remembered before being whisked away into the darkness was the sight of Niall's terrified, worried eyes. I felt guilt follow me into my dreams as the image of his scared face was burned into my brain.

|| n i a l l ||

Shit. Shit. Shit! I looked down at her in shock. I watched nervously as her eyes slowly but surely slipped closed, leaving me with just the sight of a peacefully sleeping girl on my lap.

"Channing..." I said firmly as I jostled her shoulder gently, but she didn't react at all. This wasn't good... I could tell just by looking at her that she'd gotten hit in the head quite a few times, there was blood streaked across her forehead, as well as matted into her hair. I'm no doctor but I'm pretty sure if someone has gotten a head injury, you're not supposed to let them fall asleep, right? I shivered slightly at the thought of her never waking up.

I fished Lou's phone out of my pocket and quickly dialed Jetta, who thankfully picked up right away, but unfortunately was rather hysterical, "Niall! Oh my God, what's going on? Is everything alright? Is she oka--?" Jetta's rambling was cut off as I heard Louis snatch the phone from her and speak in a calm tone, "Ni, what's happening? Are you alright?" he asked simply as I stroked my finger over the cut which decorated Channing's eyebrow. I gulped as I analyzed it, knowing it would probably scar. Of course she'd still be beautiful, but another scar would just be another hit to her self-esteem, which I was already trying so hard to help her build back up.

"I've got 'er.. we're sittin' tahgeder in 'er bathroom.  She's gotten it pretty bad...” I mumbled in a thick voice trying to keep my composure.

"Can you climb back out the window?" he asked quietly, probably already assuming what my answer would be.

"Absolutely not... Lou, I don' even tink she can walk... she can't even keep 'er eyes open; I don' know what tah do," I replied, my voice cracking slightly as I again tried to shake her awake.

There was some whispering on the other end of the phone and suddenly I heard Jetta's voice once again, "Okay, Niall... is there any trauma to her head?" she asked calmly, but I could detect a trace of panic in her words.

"There's loads Jet, she has cuts on 'er face, an' blood drippin' all through 'er hair," I said softly, running my hands through her hair, only to pull it back, smeared with crimson. I hastily wiped my hand off on my pants as I listened for Jetta’s reply.