𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 Ⅷ: "𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐩𝐢𝐠𝐠𝐲!"

Start from the beginning

They sprinkled yeast over it, and left it alone, as they moved on to the next step.

"The donuts will be very donut-y," Arata stated.

Mitsuri let out a giggle.

In another bowl, Mitsuri whisked together some flour and salt, and Arata whisked together some sugar, butter, eggs, and vanilla in yet another bowl. They started to make the dough, mixing it, then kneading it, adding a teaspoon of flour from time to time.

"We remade the dough!" Arata exclaimed after they put it in a warm spot in the kitchen, letting it rise.

"Now, we just have to wait for a little over an hour for it to rise, then we can proceed to the next step," Mitsuri said, "This time, let's not spill it,"

"Let's go play together while we wait!" Arata said excitedly, dragging Mitsuri out of the kitchen.

She guided Mitsuri through the hallways, greeting Naho, Kiyo, and Sumi along the way. She led Mitsuri to her room, where Nezuko also stayed.

"It's dark," Mitsuri noticed, "That's good. You two won't get burned by the sun,"

Arata nodded in agreement and fished out a few pieces of crumpled paper, old-looking crayons, and hair ties from behind one of the shelves.

"Let's draw together! Make pretty drawings... really pretty drawings, then you braid my hair, and then..." Arata continued to ramble excitedly, nearly bouncing with energy.

Mitsuri smiled, thinking she must have been lonely here, with Nezuko sleeping all the time, and nobody really talking to her.

Arata handed a few crayons to Mitsuri.

"Draw me! I'll draw you," Arata suggested, picking up a few crayons herself.

"Alright!" Mitsuri grinned.

There were a few minutes of silence, as the only sound in the air was the occasional rustle of paper, and scratches of crayons on paper.

"Here!" Arata shouted proudly after a few minutes, holding out her finished drawing, "It's Mitsi!"

It was a scribbly, childish drawing of a blue stick figure with pink-and-green, braided hair. The stick figure was holding a pink circle. In blue, there was an arrow pointing at the pink circle, with the words labeled 'Sakura mochi', badly written, and with a lot of the letters backward.

At the corner, in blue again, the drawing was titled 'Mitsi'.

"It's pretty! How'd you know I like sakura mochi?" Mitsuri questioned, gushing over the cute drawing.

"I overheard butterfly lady talking about you," Arata replied, "Your turn to share!"

Mitsuri handed out her drawing.

It was a beautifully quickly sketched image of Arata, who was in pink, holding a loaf of bread.

"Woaaahhh!" Arata exclaimed, admiring the drawing, "The bread is so good! I wanna eat! Hungry!"

Mitsuri stifled a laugh. Of course, the first thing she noticed was the bread.

Arata smiled at Mitsuri, "I hope the donuts are ready soon! I can't want to eat!"

They drew some more and showed each other their drawings, for a few more minutes, before Arata had set down her crayons and paper, and tapped Mitsuri on the shoulder.

"Braid my hair!" Arata requested, sitting on Mitsuri's lap, and turning her back to her, so she could braid her hair.

Arata snatched up a piece of paper off the floor, along with a crayon. She quickly sketched a messily stick-figure drawing of a tiny, blue person with braided hair.