Who would have thought that there was a Young Lady who would imprison the well-known Cassius Brudenell?

Evelyn’s ferocious voice was heard.

“Good work. I paid the remuneration earlier, but because you did a good job.”

Then, a rattling sound followed.

Obviously, it was gold.

“Oh, thank you!”

The locksmith made a fuss and thanked her profusely.

Moments later, Evelyn came in triumphantly, lifting the tent, and hurriedly unwrapped the cloth covering Cassius’ mouth.

“No one will be able to come in anymore. Of course, you will not be able to go out, too. So, do not even think about making a false move.”

Cassius gazed up at Evelynn and smiled obliquely.

“I was just joking around with Miss Ophelia, but didn’t you like it that much?”

“….!”

Evelyn’s face hardened in an instant.

She licked her lips as if wanted to say something important though she could barely utter a single word.

“…The bandage, I’ll change it for you.”

“I will do it myself.”

“No.”

She shook her head.

“Since you have not fully recovered yet, I will do it.”

He enjoyed Evelyn’s gaze as she carefully changed the bandages, examining his wounds.

“Why isn’t it getting better…?”

As she muttered softly, Cassius shrugged his shoulders.

“How am I supposed to know what?”

“…Sir, have you been picking through the wounds?” Evelyn said, narrowing her eyes and looked up at Cassius.

Though he only laughed weakly.

“If the wounds were not to heal, I would get sepsis and die. I am not stupid enough to do that.”

“That is true…”

Eventually, she spoke as she treated the throbbing wounds attentively.

However, in fact, Evelyn’s guess was correct. Cassius agitated his wounds every day whenever she left.

And, the reason was simple.

Evelyn Garneid will drive him out of the house as soon as his wounds heal.

It was the last thing he wanted.

‘I need more time.’

Evelyn Garneid was a strange woman—more interesting than anyone he has ever seen. She sent him letters to save his life and reported the inn to the guard, but at the same time, she seemed to have an urge to kill him.

‘I know that face.’

It was the eyes that he had seen many times until now.

The look of hatred and fear, of wanting to kill him filled her eyes.

All those who have had such eyes until now have stopped breathing. If Evelyn Garneid was different from them, it was that she kept Cassius alive while still staring at him like that.

So, he wanted to know about Evelyn.

What does she like, what she hates, what is her biggest goal in life, and what kind of future she is dreaming of…