"It's a bit funny, isn't it, that he can't manage to come to the Yule Ball, but he can get up here in the middle of thenight when he wants to?" Mattheo states

"Well its also a bit funny that you didn't want to take little miss Hufflepuff here to the yule ball but then decided to sook about it whe-" Theodore started but was cut off by Mattheo

"I suggest you shut your mouth Nott before I shut it for you," Mattheo growled through grit teeth as he looked over at the brunette

"So do any of you agree with me that Snape is up to something," asked Kirra, sending her cushion zooming neatly into the box.

"I just want to know what Snape did with his first chance, if he's on his second one," said Theodore grimly, and his cushion, to his verygreat surprise, flew straight across the room and landed neatly on top of Kirra's.

"No matter what it is... i swear that I'm not going to let anything happen to you okay?" Mattheo whispered into the girls ear. She nodded her head softly and looked down at their connected hands before she began to play with the rings on his fingers.

He couldn't stop the smile that made its way onto his face as he grinned down at her, admiring everything about her before quickly stopping when he herd the snickering coming from the table next to them

"A bit pussy whipped huh Riddle?" Draco said to him in amusement

"Fuck off Malfoy," Mattheo, Theordore, Jasper and Kirra all chanted in unison

---------------------------------------

Obedient to Sirius's wish of hearing about anything odd at Hogwarts, Kirra sent him a letter by brown owl that night, explaining all about Mr. Crouch breaking into Snape's office, and Moody and Snape's conversation. Then Kirra turned her  attention in earnest to the most urgent problem facing her: how to survive underwater for an hour on the twenty-fourth of February.

Mattheo quite liked the idea of using the Summoning Charmagain — Kirra had explained about Aqua-Lungs, and Mattheo couldn't see why Kirra shouldn't Summon one from the nearest Muggletown. 

Jasper squashed this plan by pointing out that, in the unlikely event that Kirra managed to learn how to operate an AquaLung within the set limit of an hour, she was sure to be disqualified for breaking the International Code of Wizarding Secrecy — it was too much to hope that no Muggles would spot an Aqua-Lungzooming across the countryside to Hogwarts.

"Of course, the ideal solution would be for you to Transfigure yourself into a submarine or something," Theodore said. "If only we'd done human Transfiguration already! But I don't think we start that until sixth year, and it can go badly wrong if you don'tknow what you're doing. . . and not to mention even if you did, some people would find it suspicious as to why you are so advanced ."

"Yeah, I don't fancy walking around with a periscope sticking out of my head," said Kirra in amusement. "I s'pose I could always attack someone in front of Moody; he might do it for me. . . ."

"I don't think he'd let you choose what you wanted to be turned into, though," said Theordore seriously. "No, I think your best chance is some sort of charm."

So Kirra, thinking that she would soon have had enough of the library to last her a lifetime, buried herself once more among the dusty volumes, looking for any spell that might enable a human to survive without oxygen. 

However, though she, Theodore, Jasper and Mattheo searched through their lunchtimes, evenings, and whole weekends — though Kirra asked Professor McGonagall for a note of permission to use the Restricted Section, and even asked the irritable, vulture-like librarian, Madam Pince, for help — they found nothing whatsoever that would enable Kirra to spend an hour underwater and live to tell the tale.