Chapter 127

Malfoy, whose pale eyes were still watering with pain and humiliation, looked malevolently up at Moody and muttered something in which the words "my father" were distinguishable. 

"Oh yeah?" said Moody quietly, limping forward a few steps, the dull clunk of his wooden leg echoing around the hall, Kirra had stepped in front of Draco protectively, much to her brother and her brother's friends dismay. 

"Well, I know your father of old, boy. . . . You tell him Moody's keeping a close eye on his son . . . you tell him that from me. . . . Now, your Head of House'll be Snape, will it?" 

"Yes," said Malfoy resentfully, surprised that Kirra had stepped in front of him protectively even though he had just been an ass to her the whole time that they had seen each other this year.

"Another old friend," growled Moody. "I've been looking forward to a chat with old Snape. . . . Come on, you. . . ." And he pushed past Kirra and then seized Malfoy's upper arm and marched him off toward the dungeons.

Professor McGonagall stared anxiously after them for a few moments, then waved her wand at her fallen books, causing them to soar up into the air and back into her arms.

"That was unbelievable, I cant believe Moody just did that, I mean he was always quick to jinx someone, but the moody that I remember wouldn't have put a student through pain like that," Kirra said quietly to Jasper as they sat down at the Slytherin table a few minutes later, surrounded by excited and interested talk on all sides about what had just happened.

"You knew Moody in one of your past lives?" said Jasper in surprise.

"Yeah, I didn't know him that well though, he wasn't a friend or anything, though he did help me a lot, he told me he thought I should become an aura," said Kirra, her eyes closed and an uplifted expression on her face at the memory. 

"It was kinda funny though don't you think? Draco Malfoy, the amazing bouncing ferret . . ." Jasper and a few surrounding Slytherins laughed, and Jasper began doling beef casserole onto both of their plates, hoping she would eat it.

"He could have really hurt Malfoy, though," she said. "It was good, really, that Professor McGonagall stopped it —"

"Potter!" said Jasper with a small moan of frustration, his eyes snapping open again, "the has done nothing but be a complete dick to you for the entire year so far, he totally had it coming for him, lets just hope that it is Mattheo next!"

Kirra had gone silent as she looked down at the beef casserole that was on her plate before she poured herself a glass of water and drank it, not bothering to spare the food another glance.

"C'mon Potter, please just eat something, I am starting to really worry about you," said Jasper, watching her.

"I have been eating, I'm just not hungry at the moment okay, you have nothing to worry about," said Kirra thickly. "I'm completely fine."

"Dont tell me that you are fine, I know that youre not fine!" Jasper scolded her softly, his voice full of concern as he looked at her, she was clearly losing a lot of weight, all of the features in her face were standing out prominently and her clothes had gotten more baggy.

Jasper was really worried about her and at this point, he was convinced that he needed to talk to one of the teachers, but then what if Kirra found out that he told someone and she got mad at him... 

Kirra stood up from her seat and flashed Jasper a fake smile, "I'm actually really tired J, I'm just going to head down to the dorms and go to bed, I'll see you tomorrow okay," she said. Jasper opened his mouth to stop her and apologise but she had already left, leaving him sitting there with his jaw dropped wide open.