Bushes rustled and noises were made before snarling turned everyone the opposite way. The monster outside began groaning and bangs could be heard. Maddie had no clue what was happening but screamed as a Demo-dog smashed through the window.

Everyone else joined in the action, taking steps away from the monster. Though all it did was lay on the ground. They all began walking towards it slowly when they saw no movement, following behind Hopper who pointed his gun towards the monster.

"Holy shit." Dustin cursed. Max looked at it confused. "Is it dead?" Hopper used his foot to move the monsters head, getting no reaction at all from the beast. He lowered his gun just a bit but the sound of the door creaking caused everyone to turn around instantly.

The lock unlocked and everyone drew their weapons, Hopper moving in front of them all once more. The second lock slid out of place as they all got into their positions.

But Maddies bat was instantly put down when she saw who walked through the door. El. She stood in shock, trying to figure out whether or not what she was seeing was real. El, with her hair slicked back and a full black top on stared at them all.

Mike took a few steps forward, eyes wet as he looked at her in shock. He took a few more steps forward, meeting El in the middle. "Eleven." She smiled. "Mike." El engulfed him in a hug, relieved to see one of her friends again.

"I never gave up on you. I called you every night. Every night for—" Mike spoke and El nodded with a smile. "353 days. I heard." Mike looked at her sadly and it made Maddie think back to all the times she had cried to what she thought was just the idea of El, who never answered back. "Why didn't you tell me you were there? That you were okay?"

"Because I wouldn't let her. The hell is this? Where have you been?" Hopper questioned, going towards El. "Where have you been?" She replied, hugging Hopper as he wrapped an arm around her.

Maddies head was spinning. Not only had El been alive and okay, but Hopper of all people had kept her from them. Hopper kept El from Maddie when he knew just how many people she had lost. She couldn't see straight and she needed to get some space.

So, she turned towards the back door of the Byers house. Not catching Els gaze burning into the back of her head as Max, Dustin, and Lucas all tried to grab onto her and see if she was okay, but she just moved past them and ran out of the house.

Maddie instantly sat down on one of the stairs outside the door, bringing her knees close to her chest as she stared forward. Part of her felt like this was an overreaction. Like she should have just been happy El was back. She was, but she also felt betrayed that out of everyone, Hopper kept that from her.

She wiped her eyes over and over, trying to stop the waterfall that was already spilling out. She liked the quiet outside, finding a bit of comfort in how the only sound she could hear was the wind.

But her silence was short lived when the door opened behind her. "Hey, kid." Maddie frowned. "I don't want to talk." Hopper sighed, looking down at the girl curled into herself. "You can be as angry with me as you want, but just— don't be mad at her. She's already upset enough as it is."

Maddie looked at Hopper, tears going down her face. "I'm not angry with her. But do you really think she's the only one upset right now? I just found out that one of my best friends— my sister had been here the whole time and you of all people hid her from me."

Hopper frowned. "Maddie, it would have been incredibly dangerous for you to know. For you, El, your dad, no one would be safe. I had to think about you and your family." Maddies gaze turned cold. "I don't have a family." Hopper instantly looked concerned. "What are you talking about?"