Chapter 1~ Forgotten Memories

Kokichi's POV
We were woken up bright and early that day. Monokuma made it very clear that he wanted us to the gym asap. My guess was that he was going to give us another motive. I swear this game is becoming more and more predictable after two whole trials. Anyways, we came to the gym as told and he appeared right away.

"Alright, kiddos! I got something special for you all for your next motive!" Yep I knew it. I'm quite good at predicting I guess. He pulled out a strange flashlight that I quickly recognized to be the flashback light from before. "You'll all be remembering a certain something from all of your guy's past! I think knowing a little of your past will make this game more interesting!" He turned on the light and we were then infused by light.

Flashback
Kokichi sat alone at lunch. He had a black eye as the school bullies punched him again. Even though he was used to it, he sometimes wished he could be loved or least not be alone all the time. "Hey...." A small voice echoed. He looked up to see a short red haired girl standing in front of him. "Mind if I sit with you?" She asked. Kokichi not knowing how to respond, simply nodded. Although he never talks to anyone at school, he's never seen her before. "Uh.....what's your name?" He asked.

"Himiko. Himiko Yumeno." She answered. "That's...a nice name. I'm Kokichi Ouma." The two chatted for the remainder of the period until lunchtime was over. "Hey....could I maybe....get your phone number." He asked. "Yeah sure." They shared their contact info and headed off to class. They soon became friends and eventually best friends. They even auditioned for Danganronpa together.

Kokichi's POV
As I felt the light fade out, I was too stunned to speak. I didn't want to believe it was true, but my mind wasn't letting me. I was friends with Himiko? And not only that, I had a crush on her?