1

"Y/n im off to school!" Shouted my nephew from the hallway, I slouched out of my seat with a big sigh of tiredness and walked to the doorway. "Hey, dont forget to eat your lunch." I replied while rubbing my eyes, my nephew walked up and gave me a hug before leaving. "I won't!" He replied as he shut the door.

...

I sighed and walked back into the living room and began cleaning up the young ones mess, he lost his parents when he was 7. The poor boy didn't know what was going on, once he realised they werent coming back he was distraught, I immediately put myself forward to be his care dependant. And about a month later I got custody. Ever since then we've been a pair. I tried dating a few times but it never worked out, either they didnt like my nephew ot hated the fact I put my nephew first. A bunch of excuses, so I gave up on that, not like I had the heart for it anyway.

I cleaned up the messy kitchen cleaning the small amount of cereal that had hidden itself around the kitchen floor. And wiping up the tiny spill of milk on the counter top. I smiled softly thinking of how independent my nephew was... hmmm... (for the sake of not calling him your nephew all the time well call him.... Philo. Pronounced 'thy-low'.)

He always tried his best not to be a bother, but somtimes he'd reach out all shu and stubborn for help. Which I always helped the cute boy.

I sighed as I opened the fridge and poured myself a glass of juice sitting at the counter. I opened my phone checking my emails for anything I need to know, theres a parents evening in a couple weeks. Thats important.

I writ the date down on the notes thats stuck to the fridge, then checking my messages.

1 message from bellemere. Guess she'll be coming over after dropping Nami at school. I smiled softly at her very forward message and began to cook some breakfast for us both.

--

She opened the door "Y/N!!! I'm here!!!" She called as she closed the door behind her.

"In here!" I called back, she walked over to the kitchen taking a deep sniff, "smells good!" She said as she sat at the counter and I placed a plate of food infront of her.

"I should hope so" I replied taking a seat beside her. She began to dig in. Me and bellemere are pretty close, we met when taking the kids to school, I learned alot about her, that she was an ex cop. She left when she adopted 2 children quite a few years back. I know she's struggling to afford much for them, so I tend to help out for them. After my older brother and his wife passed away, turns out he left everything he owned for me in his will, considering he was the owner of a few big companies, I can say well be okay. My brother asked specifically for me to adopt his son if anything happened to them, which i was going to do anyway. It took longer than hoped but eventually happened. So me and Philo have been smooth sailing for a long time now. And now ill help out anyone I can.

"How's the little angel?" She asked me, I smiled and drank some coffee i brewed us both. "Hes doing great, he wanted to walk to school alone today, I know its only up the road but I still get anxious" I replied getting alittle nervous towards the end.

"Oh yeah I saw him, he seemed happy. You're lucky to only live down the street from the school hun." She spoke alittle jealous in a playful way. I sighed and placed my elbow on the table resting my head on my hand.

"Yeah I know.. it just doesn't feel right." I replied.

"Plus you missed the new guy, Tall blonde man, seemed alittle quirky if you ask me. He was wearing makeup. Nice build though. He brought his son. The kid looked all grumpy. He's special needs or something, got some disease. Amber Lead I think its called." She babbled on thoughtfully.

I listened in, "poor kid.." was all I said in response, she nodded. "The dad was pretty nice though.. " she spoke nudging me with a smirk.

"Belle stop, im not interested. All I need is Philo." I replied alittle tired of her attempts to get me hooked up. "Y/n you need to put yourself first sometimes, im not saying neglect your nephew im saying try to have some fun" she explained, I just huffed.

"I don't want fun, if I had to get with a guy I want someone who's just as family orientated." I replied in thought. She laughed and patted my back, "you never know maybe he is, I mean you shoulda seen his face when he had to say bye to the kid. He looked so anxious" bellemere continued.

"Can we talk about something else?" I asked completely done with the conversation, bellemere sighed and finished up her breakfast.

"Lets go the the park" she spoke as she stood up and smiled at me.

"Yeah yeah, just let me get ready" I said tiredly walking to the stairs. "Ill be waiting"

(Short first chapter but I've had severe writers block recently so just put up with it for me hehehe)