The Crooked Cop and The Man with No Soul |6|

Start from the beginning

I kissed the skin that she was so painfully ashamed of, gently stroking her thighs. I was proud of her, I could tell that she hadn't harmed herself since that last time we were together in the bathroom. It was a tremendous relief, and as I was wandering off into my own thoughts I subtly felt her hand resting against the back of my neck. I looked back towards her, our eyes meeting in a silent understanding followed quickly by our lips.

I stripped her slowly, removing every article of clothing, afterwards I followed suit and stripped completely before slipping under the covers, cuddling up to her. My mouth crept along her jawline, making my way back up to her soft lips, kissing her gently. I just wanted her in my arms, so I pulled her against me, holding her tight as I continued to kiss her neck.

I ran my fingers through her hair, it was soft and lovely as my hands traveled back to the nape of her neck, attempting to pull her closer. As I brushed the back of her neck, she winced and immediately pulled away from me. I furrowed my brows in confusion of her actions, "Channing... what is it?" I asked, pulling her against me once more, this time by her shoulders. She gave me a guilty look as her eyes looked away from me and she rubbed the back of her head, "Niall... I have to tell you something," she said sullenly, her eyes slowly traveling back up to meet mine.

"What's wrong?" I asked, feeling worried over her sudden change in demeanor.

I lay there in shock as she spilled her story of what happened the other night into my waiting ears. At first I was a bit upset that she'd tried to cover the ordeal up, but all and all, my anger was geared toward Tate, not her whatsoever. However, she seemed so worried about my reaction, and I wasn't sure why... she couldn't think that I would serioulys be angry with her over that, could she?

After she finished her explanation, I cupped her cheek as I spoke softly, "Please jus' tell meh next time... right when it happens... do yeh promise?" I asked, keeping eye contact with her.

She nodded and hugged me tightly against her, the fact that I could feel every groove and dip of her body was making my head spin with desire. I turned her away from me so that I could spoon her from behind, and took a look at the back of her neck. It didn't look that bad, but it was swollen and bruised so I could see what it had hurt when the fans pulled her hair earlier. I kissed the tender spot gently, she tensed up at first but relaxed as I merely let my lips rest against the bruising skin.

After a few moments, she turned to face me, tracing her fingers along my chest and then let her fingertips dance gently across my ribs, causing me to shiver. She giggled at my response and I growled softly as I nipped at her shoulder. I sighed in contentment as she buried her face in my chest and wrapped her arms around my waist; we lay there in a comfortable silence, just soaking up the moment, because we both knew that by tomorrow she'd have to leave again.

"What's on yer mind, love?" I asked her gently once I noticed she'd been staring at the same spot on the ceiling for the past ten minutes. She turned her head, locking her eyes with me as she rolled the rest of her body over, facing me once more. She brought up her hand, softly brushing my hair off of my forehead before letting her hand slide down my face, resting gently against my cheek.

"I'm just so happy, Niall... I've never been this happy," she whispered as her eyelashes fluttered closed. I was about to speak but she held her finger to my lips, keeping me silent as she continued, "When I look at you... I see this perfect person. Perfect face, perfect voice, perfect hair, perfect teeth... perfect skin..." she mumbled as she took hold of my hand and traced her finger tips up and down the unmarked skin of my forearm. She was quiet for a moment before kissing my clear wrist, then hugging my arm tightly to her chest. My eyes softened as I studied her tormented face, she was so beautiful... I took it upon myself to remove her bracelets from her wrists as she stared at me in silence.