Mandy I understand.

It was always the same thing for Mandy,  parents arguing all day and the next no clue they argued. Their routine was drink every day. 

Mandy was sick and tired of the commotion. It never stopped.

This day began like any other. Mandy locked her self in the bedroom and stayed away from her parents.
Her bedroom started to feel like a terrible rental.

Later on that night the noise became extremely worse. Mandy naturally wanted to check on them even if found to be useless.

Mandy chose not to check on her parents this time. She too had things going on in life besides her parents being drunkards.

Mandy took a break from studying and rested her head on the small desk by the window.

Suddenly dad begins to pound on her door.

"Right on time." Mandy whispered.

He continues pounding.

"What is it dad?" Mandy sighed reluctant to ask.

He ignored continuing to bang harder.

"What do you want?!" She shouted over the pounding fists on the door.

"What are you doing in there?" Her father slurring.

"Resting. Why do you ask?" Mandy replied.

"That's all you ever do. You're just like your mom. Ugly, fat and lazy!" He shouted.

"Goodnight dad."

"Are you too good for us now? Fine keep your self in there. We don't want to see your fat face no more." He continued.

Mandy's father  sang the same tired line as if he forgot already calling his only daughter an ugly fat, lazy person.

Mandy finally shouted back, "Okay dad. That's enough!"

By all means she didn't think this was a magic word. Mandy covered her ears holding back tears as she did yesterday. Humming she could still hear his drunken voice and ignoring it became unbearable.

Mandy shouted, "Stop banging on my door!" She sat in fetal position muffling the noise.

"Are you yelling at me? I'm a good dad and you yell at me." He sobbed for a moment.

Unexpectedly he kicked the door so hard it was hanging off the hinges. Mandy ran her fingers roughly through her straight brown hair. With each kick her fingers pulled tighter.

The door crashed to the floor. Mandy glanced and saw her father stumbling over the door to get to his baby girl.

She put her head back down and began shouting "Go away! Go away!"

"I'm not going any where. You hear me?!" He growled balling his fist .

Mandy prepared her self for what she again would be given by taking a big deep breathe of what once was warm air but now was cold.

Mandy's hits were taking longer to land than it should. Afraid to see what happened she cautiously lifted her head unable to make out what she saw. 

Mandy was alone; alone outside.

As she sat on a bench she wondered 'Did I die? Did I black out? Where am I? Maybe I'm dreaming.' Mandy stood up and began walking back towards home but nothing was familiar. Not a store or house appeared to be any she laid eyes on before.

Before Mandy walked too far she decided to go to the bench she found her self at. Arriving she saw the bench wasn't there yet a tall man with a long black coat and a hooded gray sweater underneath, standing where the bench should be.