Chapter 10

(Art from the Blueycapsules)

It was 8h30am when William arrived to the pizzeria. He quite enjoyed waking up later than usual.

When he entered the pizzeria, the manager turned around to face him. “M.Miller, come here please.” The black haired man said with his usual joyful voice. The British man walked to them with his usual cold look. “Let me present you Mrs.Anderson, she will show you the surrounding of the pizzeria.”

The woman had wavy long blond hair, light blue eyes and a tan skin. She was wearing a white shirt, dark blue pants and black sneakers. Rainbow earrings and a golden badge could be seen.

She brightly smiled at the tall man in front of her as she shook his hand, while he mainly answered to her smile with an eye rolling.

As she guided William through the pizzeria, she presented him to the employees they met on the way. What annoyed the man the most was that the woman was talking a lot and sometimes asking questions about him. She was even talking that much that she revealed some info that could be bad for her. William learned that Mrs.Anderson loves surfing; she’s from Louisiana and other stuff. She only stopped when the British man grabbed her shoulders, lightly shook her as he puts his finger in front of his mouth when she said she was in a couple with a girl.

Homosexuality was illegal during the XXth century, so people who were attracted to the same gender as them or who were transgender had to shut their mouth and keep it hidden.

The woman covered her mouth like if she didn’t notice what she just said, and her eyes were pleading the tall man to not say anything. William shook his head and assured her he won’t say anything.

William has always been someone really accepting when it came to homosexuality or transidentity, since he was himself bisexual. He did once love a guy when he was in his last year of middle school, but always kept it hidden since it was still illegal. This is mainly how he learned to perfectly lie to people and always have a backup if something goes wrong.

After visiting a big part of the pizzeria, the two persons entered Kid Cove. The room was wide and a pink and white fox animatronic was standing there.

“Here is Kid Cove, basically where all the children are playing.” She paused and pointed with her finger the animatronic. “And here we have Toy Foxy. He’s really cool and her bright colours make them less creepy than the other animatronics. This is why children really like her.”

William gave a confused look to the woman. “Wait a minute... Isn’t Foxy a male? You used female pronouns.” The woman turned her face toward him and shrugged.

“Well, he has been created by someone who wanted to kinda celebrate the movement that occurred in NYC for gay and trans rights, so he told us the gender was ‘yes’. So we use all the pronouns for her.” She smiled brightly and William was kind of confused for this ‘new gender’ and tried to remember who the one in charge to build the robots here was. His thoughts were cut the snap of the woman’s fingers, making him jump back a little. She laughed as he rolled his eyes in annoyance.

After some minutes, William and Sunny (Mrs.Anderson) entered the Game Area. Again, it was a wide room with a carrousel and a lot of games and arcades.

“The Game Area is where most of the teens are staying, because there’s the arcades and stuff” she half-laughed as she said it. “There’s only one thing horrible about this room.” William raised an eyebrow, “That thing!”

The blond girl pointed at a kid sized round boy. It has a blue and red t-shirt with a weird childish hat, blue eyes. His left hand was holding assign where’s written “Balloon” and on his right hand is perceived a red and yellow balloon. It was an ugly animatronic, but William didn’t see what was THAT horrible with the boy.