Chapter 5

1984. Henry and William finally opened their brand new pizzeria under the name of Freddy Fazbear. This time, they bought multiple buildings all around the state so their franchise can grow more. Most of the pizzerias contain a Foxy, Freddy, Chica and Bonnie, but their design can change. For example, a Freddy pizzeria in the north of Utah has animatronics from the “Toy category”.

Today was a rainy day and grey clouds were covering the sky. William was driving in direction of Freddy’s because Henry wanted to discuss with him about something. The British man entered the pizzeria and saw Henry who was waiting for him in front of the door where’s written “Employees only”.

“I’m glad you’ve came William. Follow me.” Henry made a follow sign to his work partner as they entered the hallway and walked toward the saferoom.
“You see, I was wondering if we could use the springlocks animatronics we already have to replace the animatronics that could be in reparation.” He said as he opened the door. “But we won’t be able to use Fredbear. The springlocks got weakened since the bite, so it would be a risk to use the suit.”

William put a hand on his chin and after a little silent, he finally replied. “I’m not against the idea. But we would need to re-put in place the lessons about the springlocks and all. We also have to see if they’re still safe to wear since last year.”
Henry nodded. He thought about it, but he wanted to know his friend’s opinion.

“Well, we have Spring Bonnie. But you will have to test it by yourself. I mean, the robot was designed to fit your height. I checked its springlocks and they’re well tightened, so you can try the suit right now if you want.” William stared at the bunny animatronic in front of him and sighed.
“I guess I don’t really have the choice.” He walked toward the table where was located a crank and went back to the animatronic. He inserted the tool to pull back the endoskeleton and removed the head.
“I’m not wearing the head though. The temperature is quite warm here, and I don’t want to suffocate.” William said has he turned his head to look at his friend. Henry nodded in agreement.
The taller man opened the animatronic’s stomach so he can let himself in. After putting in place the animatronic’s part and finished to put the suit on, he turned toward Henry, triumphant, one hand in the air while the other one was put on his waist.
“I’m still looking handsome and accomplished my duty: wear the suit. Now I’m taking it off” Henry laughed and before replying.
“No, you will take it off after doing some movements, selfish man. Wouldn’t you want to show your ‘beauty’ to the employees?” Henry was proud of his reply, and William rolled his eyes.
“They don’t deserve to look at me. I’ll burn their eyes with beauty if they see me.” Henry laughed again and shook his head.
“C’mon, just make some movement in the dining area. It could also show the new employees how is a springlock suit working.” The dark brown haired man sighed and walked toward the door.

When they entered the dining area, some curious eyes lifted up to see what was wearing one of the managers. Henry explained to the employees nearby what were the springlock suits, and that when you wear them, you mustn’t do brutal movement, wet them and some other stuffs.

After some explanations, a loud noise came from the scene. Everyone immediately turned their head toward the place and saw that an employee just feel and let the tools fall on the ground with him. Some employees giggled a bit as the employee gave a thumbs up to confirm he was okay. Henry and William went back on a little tour around the room, but as they walked near the stage, the taller man walked on a tool left on the floor and slipped on the ground. A low ‘click’ could be heard when William touched the ground.
He froze and told Henry it would be safer if he removes the suit. The light brown haired man nodded and helped William to get up. But at the moment that he was up, some other clicks could be heard. The two co-workers immediately froze.