What if Ryder didn't save Chase?

We all know how the PAW Patrol started. A young boy saw a small German Shepherd puppy who almost got run over by a truck. The little puppy was scared, he had just been abandoned in a huge city. The young boy had approached the puppy, he took him in his arms, and the puppy had just found his new owner. Ryder has found Chase, and by helping Chase, he thinks of starting a team: The PAW Patrol.
This is how Ryder was able to have very brave pups like Skye or Marshall.

But in this universe, Ryder didn't react in time when he saw Chase.
The truck stopped in front of Chase, but it was not a boy who stopped the driver of the truck, but a police officer.
The police officer hugged Chase, and said, "Poor little pup. Are you alone? I'm taking you home."
Ryder was there watching the scene. He wasn't fast enough to save Chase.

Years pass, and Chase is a police pup in a police station in Adventure City. He became the best policepup and loves his owner with all his heart.
Ryder lives in Adventure Bay in a house with one of his relatives. If he hadn't saved Chase, Ryder wouldn't find Marshall, Skye and all the other pups. The PAW Patrol wouldn't exist.
"Come on Ryder, finish your breakfast. You have to go to school."
Ryder sighs, and walks out of his house.

A/N
It was a very short chapter to show you how the next other chapters will be. They will be longer than this one of course.