Arc 2 - Chapter 17

Start from the beginning

"Keep running, Iida!" 

—Izuku was able to take the one that was the closest to hitting Iida. Iida looked shocked for a moment, but he didn't stop his momentum and kept running. 

"I swear I'll get help!" (Iida)

By a hair's breadth, Iida was able to successfully escape the onslaught of Villains and managed to get outside.

Hmmm? —Iida noticed something out of the corner of his eye. It was only just a glimpse, so he wasn't sure if what he saw was right.

"...Get your grip, Tenya Iida! Right now, your priority is to call for help from UA! This is no time to be getting distracted by a humungous stag beetle!

***

 Thirteen, however, was dreading the fact that quite a good number of students had gotten sucked into the portals.

"Guys!" (Todorki)

Todorki was one of the few students we weren't sucked into the portal. He was taking out a few Villains that rushed to him.

"—?! I can see someone from here! It seems like our classmates were just scattered throughout the building!" (Todoroki)

Todoroki had built an ice ramp to escape a few onslaughts temporarily, during which he caught a glimpse of Tsuyu down at the water section of the arena.

"Someone tell Aizawa or All Might that news!" (Thirteen)

The closest one to the stairs was...

"Bakugo! Go do it!" (Todoroki)

Bakugo hated being told what to do, but he wasn't stupid as to say no to that in this situation. "Don't tell me what to do, half n' half!" 

While yelling words that should not normally be screamed out, Bakugo started to head down to where All Might and Aizawa are. 

"All Might! Aizawa-sensei! Our classmates have been scattered throughout the whole place! They might be facing Villains right now." (Bakugo)

It was impressive how Bakugo didn't use any single word of insult during that little saying. But nonetheless, All Might and Aizawa had gotten the message.

"Tch, All Might, do you mind if you take all of these guys on?" (Aizawa)

The Villains had gone all out on this plan. The sheer number of Villains could rival an army. But All Might didn't have his injuries anymore, so he wasn't limited as "All Might" as before. 

"Hahahaha! Leave them to me, Eraserhead. I'll let them know not to mess with my students! Detroit Smash!" (All Might) 

Several dozens of Villains were knocked out from the one attack from All Might. He was keeping up this level of strength the whole time throughout the fight.

It goes to show how many Villains there really were. No one would doubt if the reason for this was All Might since even All Might was supremely infamous amongst Villains.

"Thanks. Bakugo, make sure no one gets past All Might. Do you understand?" (Aizawa)

Bakugo smirked, "Yeah! I'll make sure none of these extras sneak past him!" 

"Good." (Aizawa)

Saying that Aizawa made a run toward the students he knew would be there.

Rimuru... I hope you're not doing anything too reckless.

***

Adalman was one of Rimuru's Patrons. A being that served Rimuru back in their world as he would to a god. Along with Diablo, Adalman was known for his over-the-top speeches when Rimuru would come up as a subject of conversation.

And yet, he was now being controlled... or at least, that's what it seemed like.

Rimuru had been fighting Adalman as soon as they had gotten in closer in distance. Rimuru didn't have a difficult time shielding himself from Adalman's attacks, as it was easily consumed by [Soul Consumption].

And yet, Adalman showed no signs of reacting to this. There were no signs of emotions such as frustration or surprise. It appeared as if Adalman wasn't awake, but his body was moving.

«I have finished dismantling the control that was on Adalman's body.»

Ciel had apparently finished her job, but—

—Why is he still fighting me?! 

Adalman didn't show any different signs! He's still launching attacks at me like before! 

«It would appear that the 'control' had only been applied to his physical form. Adalman's soul is damaged, but it's unclear what caused it.»

So wait, Adalman's only moving because someone is making his body to? That's great news in itself... but the bad news is that his soul is damaged.

I wasn't about to let that information slide, it was time to investigate what truly happened to Adalman.

Rimuru had only been receiving Adalman's attacks up until now, but as soon as Rimuru went to attack, the battle was immediately decided.

To make sure no one sees what I'm gonna do, I erected an anti-detection barrier that only had me and Adalman in range. 

Rimuru went behind Adalman and grabbed the back of his skull. Sorry, Adalman, this is gonna be rough but I need to find out what happened to you.