Chapter 41

Quill was on Morag dancing and Rhodey and Nebula were hiding in the background watching him dance and sing to their perspective without music.

"So he's an idiot?" Rhodey said.

"Yeah." Nebula said.

Then Rhodey knocked out Quill and Nebula rummaged around to take his tool.

"What's that?" Rhodey asked.

"The tool of a thief." Nebula said, used the tool to open the door that lead to The Power Stone and tried to walk in but was stopped by Rhodey.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa...This is the part where spikes come out with skeletons on the end and everything..."

"What are you talking about?"

"When you break into a place called the temple of the Power Stone, There's gonna be a bunch of booby traps–" he said and she just shook her head and walked in. "Okay. All right. Go ahead."

Nebula forced her hand inside the force field protecting The Orb while it melt away the exterior plating on her arm. She successfully retrieved The Orb and hand edit to Rhodey all the while he watched the whole thing happened.

"I wasn't always like this." she said.

"Me either. But we work with what we got, right?" he asked and they looked at each other solemnly. "Sync up." he said and they both suit up. "Three.. two.. one..."

Rhodey was the only one who disappeared while Nebula was left behind unable to move, then she riddled with pain on her head and fell to the ground.

On the Sanctuary II 2014 Nebula was being scanned in synch with her future self. A memory was played, coming from future Nebula's head.

"You murdered trillions!" memory Bruce said.

"You should be grateful." memory Thanos said.

"Where are the stones?" memory Natasha asked.

"Gone. Reduced to atoms."

"You used them two days ago." memory Bruce said.

"I used the stones to destroy the stones. It nearly killed me. But the work is done. It always will be. I am inevitable." memory Thanos said and the memory paused.

"What did you do to them?" 2014 Gamora asked.

"Nothing. Yet. They're not trying to stop something I'm going to do in our time. They're trying to undo something I've already done in theirs." 2014 Thanos said.

"The stones..."

"I found them all. I won. Tipped the cosmic scales to balance." he said and caress her and she knelt down.

"This is your future." Ebory said.

"It's my destiny." Thanos said and Ebony resumed playing the memory.

"My father is many things. A liar is not one of them." memory Nebula said.

"Ah...Thank you, Daughter. Perhaps I treated you too harshly..." memory Thanos said.

Thanos got beheaded in the memory and 2014 Gamora was shocked and stood up.

"And that, is destiny fulfilled." 2014 Thanos said.

"Sire, your Daughter..." Ebony said in a dangerous voice and telekinetically wrapped a chain around Nebula (2014).

"No!" 2014 Nebula said.

"...is a traitor."

"That's not me. It's not. I could never... I would never betray you. Never."

Then 2014 Thanos released the chain around her neck and held her head in his palm.

"I know. And you'll have the chance to prove it." he said and made sure she can't travel back to 2023.

Then Nebula was stuck in 2014.

"No! He knows!" she said and ran back to the ship and got on the comms. "Barton? Barton, come in. Romanoff? Come in, we have a problem. Come on! Come in, we have a prob....Thanos knows. Thanos... He knows." she said and looked up in horror just to be abducted by the Sanctuary II.