What's going on?

5/20/22-5/22/22

"This is the Asgardian refugee vessel Statesman! We are under assault, I repeat, we are under assault – The engines are dead, life support failing! Requesting aid from any vessel within range...We are 22 jump points out of Asgard. Our crew is made up of Asgardian families, we have very few soldiers here! This is not a war craft, I repeat, this is not a war craft!" Asgardian PA said.

Inside the ship, Ebony Maw walked among the bodies of dead Asgardians then stepped over them as he spoke with no mind, as if they were scattered pieces of dirty clothing on a bedroom floor.

"Hear me, and rejoice. You have had the privilege of being saved by the Great Titan. You may think this is suffering. No...It is salvation. Universal scales tip toward balance because of your sacrifice. Smile...For even in death, you have become Children of Thanos." he said.

Loki was with the Black Order watching Thanos.

"I know what it's like to lose. To feel so desperately that you're right... yet to fail, nonetheless." Thanos said looking out the large window. he said and grabbed Thor by the head. "It's frightening. Turns the legs to jelly. I ask you, to what end? Dread it. Run from it. Destiny arrives all the same. And now, it's here. Or should I say...I AM." he said and held up his hand to reveal the Infinity Gauntlet already hosting the Power Stone.

"You talk too much." Thor said exhaustedly spitting blood from his mouth.

"The Tesseract, or your brother's head. I assume you have a preference." Thanos said to Loki.

"Oh, I do. Kill away!" Loki said.

Thanos set the gauntlet on Thor's temple and the power stone glowed brightly. Thor suffered in pain.

"ALRIGHT, STOP!" Loki yelled cringing and looking away from Thor's pain.

"We don't have the Tesseract. It was destroyed on Asgard." Thor said and Loki glanced at him like he knows something he doesn't and lifted his right hand into the air and the Tesseract reveals itself. "You really are the worst, brother."

"I assure you, brother, the Sun will shine on us again." Thor said holding the Tesseract out to Thanos and advancing.

"Your optimism is misplaced, Asgardian." Thanos said.

"Well, for one thing: I'm not Asgardian. And for another... We have a Hulk." Loki said and dove out of the way as Hulk emerged and fought Thanos.

Punches were exchanged and Thanos was forced into the wall of the ship. Then Ebony stopped Black Dwarf from interfering.

"Let him have his fun." he said.

Then Thanos defeated Hulk and dumpped him to the ground. Thor tried to interfere but Ebony bint him to the ground.

"Allfathers... let the dark magic flow through me one last... time." Heimdall said and summoned the Bifrost and carried Hulk away.

"That was a mistake." Thanos said and stabbed Heimdall through the heart.

"NO! You're going to die for that!" Thor said and Ebony shut his mouth.

"Shhhh." Ebony said holding the Tesseract, on one knee. "My humble personage... bows before your grandeur. No other being has ever had the might, nay the nobility, to wield not one, but two Infinity Stones. The universe lies within your grasp."

Thanos crushed the Tesseract, revealing the Space Stone. Then he put it on the gauntlet.

"There are two more Stones on Earth. Find them, my children, and bring them to me on Titan." he said.

"Father, we will not fail you." Proxima said.

"If I might, interject... If you're going to Earth, you might want a guide. I do have a bit of experience in that arena." Loki said emerging from a separate section of the ship.

"If you consider failure experience..." Thanos said.

"I consider experience, experience. Almighty Thanos. I, Loki, Prince of Asgard... Odinson... The rightful King of Jotunheim, God of Mischief, do hereby pledge to you, my undying fidelity."

Thor squinted and noticed a dagger in Loki's hand. Then Loki attempted to stab Thanos, but failed.

""Undying." You should choose your words more carefully." Thanos said and tightened his hold around Loki's neck.

Then he made eye contact with Thor before he increased his force on Loki's neck.

"You... will never be... a god." Loki said giving up on fighting against Thanos.

Then Thanos snapped Loki's neck, killing him.

"No resurrections this time." Thanos said and teleported away with the Black Order.

"No... Loki..." Thor said and crawled over to Loki's body and lay his head down on Loki's chest, shedding tears for all that he has lost.

Then the ship exploded and The Bifrost sent Hulk across space to Earth.

At the Sanctum Sanctorum.

"Seriously? You don't have any money?" Strange said.

"Attachment to the material is detachment from the spiritual." Wong said.

"I'll tell the guys at the deli. Maybe they'll make you a metaphysical Ham on Rye."

"Oh, wait, wait, wait, I think I have 200."

"Dollars?"

"Rupees."

"Which is?"

"Uh, buck and a half."

"What do you want?"

"I wouldn't say no to a Tuna Melt."

Then Bruce crash-landed on the Sanctum stairs.

"Thanos is coming. He's coming..." he said.

"... Who?"