14. gladrags wizardwear

Start from the beginning

"Oh yeah! Harry said something about you going with 'that one Slytherin girl who hangs out with Malfoy' after you rejected him!" Hermione gasped, now remembering how upset her best-friend had been when he wandered back into their common room that night.

"I remember! Milo practically dragged me away once Potter showed up." Lillian mentioned with an amused smile.

"He was truly distraught.. I don't think he's ever been like, rejected before. It's the first time I've ever seen him cry over a girl." Hermione stated with a frown, causing the Brunette Hufflepuff's chestnut eyes to widen.

"Wait, he cried!?" Vivian squeaked, "He didn't seem that upset when he left! Oh my, I feel terrible now.. should I have said something different..?"

"No, No. Its good that you were straight forward, if you don't like him like that then you shouldn't have to—" Hermione began but was swiftly cut off by the Bright girls concerned voice.

"But that's the thing! I don't know if I like him like that or not— I only said no to him because he took too long to ask me out and I already made arrangements with someone else...!" Vivian grimaced, a terrible pool of guilt swarming in her stomach.

It was true that she had yet to figure out her feelings for the Potter boy.. however, if Pansy had never asked to go with her, Vivian would've most likely said yes to Harry's invite.

"..Well maybe you can dance to a song or two with him when you're there!" Lillian chimed in optimistically, causing the 'V' between Vivian's brows to lessen slightly.

"That's true.. it's not like Me and Pansy are in a relationship anyway." The brunette Hufflepuff girl sighed, trying to look at the whole mess of a situation positively.

S.B.M

After spending nearly two hours in Gladrags Wizardwear, attempting to find the perfect dresses for the Yule Ball, Vivian was nearly ready to give up and just show up in her undergarments.

"Honestly at this point I might as well go naked!" The brunette exclaimed in frustration, Lillian had already found a dress, it was silver and had lace details, and Hermione said she already had something to wear back in her dorm, meaning Vivian was the only one left out of the three to find something decent enough to wear.

Hermione released a small chuckle at the comment her friend had just made before she hollered, "Stop being so indecisive and just pick!"

"If only if were that easy, 'Mione! Some of us don't have the mental stamina for that." Vivian scoffed in amusement as she continued to search through the isles and isles of fancy dresses and robes.

"Wait! You guys, I think I found something!" Lillian called out suddenly from where she had been help in the search.

Vivian paused, crossing her fingers as she bounded over to where the other Hufflepuff girl had been standing, Hermione made her way across the store a bit begrudgingly.

"This better be it, Lilly, or so help me— Oh my gosh!" Vivian's eyes widened, she beamed at the piece of fabric in-front of her.

"You're gonna look so gorgeous, Vivian." Lillian smiled upon seeing her friends face light up at the sight of the dress in-front of her.