025┊𝐀𝐬 𝐢 𝐥𝐚𝐲 𝐝𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐩𝐭𝟐

Start from the beginning

Bonnie rushed out. She dropped the wet towel and gasped, falling backwards into the door as she watched Prim's back leak blood.

Damon rushed through the centre of town, his eyes and ears solely focused on finding Prim. He groaned and glanced down at his phone. Nothing. He let out a frustrated shout and placed his hands behind his head, closing his eyes and releasing a breath. He flinched at the sound of a gunshot, his eyes snapping open and glancing over at the Grill. "Prim?" He heard Jeremy gasp, urging him forward in a rush.

He burst through the doors. His eyes immediately landed on the growing bloodstain on the back of her shirt. "What'd you do?" He whispered, stepping towards her. He glanced at Liz furiously over his shoulder as he lowered to his knees beside Jeremy. "What did you do?" He shouted.

Liz flinched at the sound, now pointing her gun at him. "I'm sorry Damon. But I already told you, the vampires in the town need to be stopped." She explained slowly. "She already killed four people today."

Damon glared up at her. "And I told you when you came to the house that she's unstable." He whispered with a clenched jaw. "If you'd had just listened to me none of this would've happened!" He yelled while gently brushing his hands through Prim's hair.

"Damon-"

"I told you that if you all didn't leave that people were gonna die. And what happened? Huh? People died. That's on you!" He shouted. "She's dying Liz. See that?" He pointed at the red skin on her neck, the slowly growing black liquid in her veins, and the large wound behind her ear. "She's dying! So just give me a couple of days to- to say goodbye then I will happily walk into your open arms and let you stake me." He negotiated, his wide and angry eyes telling her it wasn't up for discussion.

Caroline and Elena rushed into the Grill. "Oh my god." Caroline gasped moving to stand behind Damon.

Liz slowly backed away. "A week." She whispered out.

"Fine," Damon grunted out. "Now get out before I kill you myself." Liz nodded, looking at Caroline before she left.

Damon lowered his head down next to hers. "Prim?" He questioned, moving hairs out of her face. She slowly opened her eyes, a rouge tear slipping down her face and landing on the floor under her. "Hey." He smiled in relief.

"It hurts." She gasped out, her hand coming up to her back and trying to reach the gunshot.

Damon nodded. "I know. Stay still okay." He placed her hand back onto the floor, soothingly rubbing up and down it. "Ready? Okay, one-" he pulled it out of her back, a deafening scream being released from her throat. "I know, I'm sorry." He sighed, pulling her up and into his chest.

"I thought you were supposed to do it on three." She coughed out, weakly looking up at him.

⊱{✾♡✾}⊰

"Damon?" Prim questioned, her eyes barely open. Her back lay against his chest, his head resting on top of hers. They returned home not too long ago, retreating into the comfort of her bed. Jeremy and Elena sat next to her bed, watching her with worried frowns. Bonnie and Caroline sat downstairs in the centre of the living room, desperately searching through the assortment of grimoires again, hoping to find anything to help.

"Yeah?" Damon answered in a whisper, tilting his head to look at the side of her face.

"Where's Stefan?" She questioned with a quavering voice.