025┊𝐀𝐬 𝐢 𝐥𝐚𝐲 𝐝𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐩𝐭𝟐

Start from the beginning

They let out a pained yell as her hand loosened around the front of their neck, sliding around to the back and pulling it down closer to her mouth. The yell was quiet, nothing loud enough to alert the people behind them. "Please. Stop." They cried.

Caroline tensed as a pained yell echoed in her ears. She straightened her back and glanced around the town square hectically. "What's wrong?" Bonnie questioned a frown heavily on her brows.

"I hear something," Caroline told her, alerting all the others too.

"What?" Jeremy questioned. "Is it Prim?"

She looked around quickly. "I-" She sighed, looking at them. "I don't know."

"Please." They begged again.

"I'm so sorry." Someone replied in a tone just as desperate. "I'm so sorry."

Caroline stood up quickly. "It's Prim." She told them, walking over to the trees behind the projected film with a light jog, the three others behind her. They spotted Prim with a woman pushed up against the tree, the brunette woman's eyes beginning to droop and body getting weaker by the second. Elena gasped as they saw the exposed bite on Prim's neck. "Prim!" Caroline shouted.

Prim pulled away from the woman's neck, looking over her shoulder at them. Caroline walked forward with her hands out in front of her, a gentle but weary smile on her face. "Prim it's okay." She spoke. "Come on. Let's get you home." She nodded.

"I don't have a home," Prim mumbled back, her tongue licking the leftover blood off her lips. Her eyes shifted to Elena. Her face became blank. "She took it from me." She snarled.

"No, it's Elena." Caroline rushed out, standing in direct view of Elena. "It's okay." She nodded, slowly reaching out and holding her hand. "Damon's been looking everywhere for you. We've been worried."

Prim stared up at her with glossy eyes. She looked down as she heard a whimper, her eyes widening in horror as she stared down at the woman leaning against the tree, blood spilling out of her neck. Her hand came up to her mouth, covering it as she gasped. "Oh my god." She whispered.

Prim bit into her wrist and held it to the woman's mouth. "What did I do? What's wrong with me?" She gasped out, looking back over at Caroline. "I can't be here Caroline. Please get me out of here." She pleaded.

Caroline nodded and took the weak girl into her arms, speeding her over to the group. She passed her to Jeremy, looping one of Prim's arms over his shoulder. "Take her somewhere and get her cleaned up then take her home. I'll compel the woman and make sure she's okay." Caroline instructed looking between Bonnie and Jeremy. "Elena I think you should stay with me. Just in case she has one of her... 'I'm gonna kill you Katherine' episodes."

"Yeah." Elena agreed following Caroline back over to the woman lent up against the tree.

Bonnie picked up Prim's other arm, pulling it over her shoulder. The two walked the girl into the Grill. Bonnie left their side and ran into the bathroom, quickly grabbing a hand towel and beginning to wet it. Jeremy grabbed the leg of a chair and pulled it from its position on top of the tables, flipping it the right way up. He gently placed Prim down, rushing out a 'sorry' when she winced.

Jeremy pulled his phone out of his pocket, scrolling quickly to try and find Damon's name. Prim groaned and lifted her heavy head, frowning when a blurry figure of a blonde woman walked into the Grill, her arms supporting a gun. Prim quickly jumped up, speeding in front of Jeremy, her back facing the woman.

Jeremy jumped at the sound of a gunshot ripping through the air. He spun around and stared wide-eyed at an armed Liz Forbes and a frozen Prim. Prim gasped and fell forward, his arms quickly grabbing her and dropping his phone onto the floor. "Prim?" He questioned in shock, glancing back up at Liz.