forty-six

chapter forty-six[ the cali life ]

chapter forty-six
[ the cali life ]

march 21st, 1986

"will is painting a lot.
but he...he won't show me what he's working on.
maybe it's for melissa or another girl.
i think there is someone he likes, because he has been acting weird.

melissa has been acting weird too.
ever since she and will broke up, she's been.....distant.
she's made a lot of new friends.
she even has a new boyfriend, his name is robert and he is super cute.
she seems happy with him.
more happy then she was with......will."

————

"you know, out of all max's friends," billy began, as he sat down in the drivers seat, closing the door and turning toward the younger teen, "you always were my favorite."

my favorite.

"billy!"

melissa woke up with a gasp, her blue eyes wide while sweat covers her entire body. she sighed and rubbed her face, the morning sun blaring right on her.

it was just a dream.

these nightmares, about billy, have been happening a lot recently. she doesn't really understand why because it's been months since his death but the nightmares feel so real.

there was a knock on the door that startled her and eleven walked in, "time for school." she said with a smile, her history project in her hands, "argyle is almost here."

"okay, lemme get dressed."

melissa ushered eleven out of the room and closed the door behind her. then she walked over to her closet and pulled out a super cute outfit. it's totally not her usual but she's changed.

it's a short white dress with these boots.

that's the style nowadays.

a honk outside alerts her that argyle is here.

"shit! coming!"

the blue eyed girl rushed around her room, grabbing whatever she needed to help her survive the school day. lipstick, hair ties, sunglasses, her walkman, and a pack of cigarettes.

opening the door, melissa finds eleven standing there with a smile then frowns when she sees the pack in her hands.

"why do you do that? it's not healthy."

melissa shrugged and closed her bedroom door, "helps take the stress away."

the two girls walked outside, along with will and jonathan. will opened the back door of argyles van and eleven stepped in first, taking a seat by the window.