forty-three

chapter forty-three[ the girl he loved was gone ]

chapter forty-three
[ the girl he loved was gone ]

she felt it.

so did he.

it was time.

"you feel it too?" billy asked the blonde girl, his blue eyes slowly turning black as he looked her, "the stinking."

melissa nodded, grabbing a hold of billys hand as they both stood up, "yeah, i feel it. i think it's time."

she was scared. melissa had fought him so so many times and now, she was going to let him finally take over.

billy reached into his dusty old jean jacket pocket and pulled out his keys. he started to walk toward the car but stopped when he heard melissa struggling.

"need help?"

"no, no, i got this."

billy raised an eyebrow in amusement as he watched the girl try and walk on her wounded leg but she couldn't.

"i can't do it."

billy softly smiled and without warning picked the girl up bridal style, bringing her over to the passenger side door of his car and placing her gently inside.

she sent him a small smile and hid her face from him and he laughed at her rosy cheeks.

he always knew she liked him.

he found it cute.

woah, billy hargrove going soft?

he can't be, can he?

"you know, out of all max's friends," billy began, as he sat down in the drivers seat, closing the door and turning toward the younger teen, "you always were my favorite."

melissa blushed and playfully rolled her eyes, trying to play it cool around him, "thanks, billy. it's an honor."

and as the two stared at each other in their last final moments as themselves, billy realized something.

one of them is going to die.

"what's wrong?" melissa questioned, placing her bloody hand on top of his black veined one.

"one of us is going to die at the end of this and im not going to let it be you."

"no one is going to die. we're going to make it out of this. i promise."

i promise.

she closed her eyes, letting him finally take over.

after all this time, he had her now.

she's no longer in control.

———————