Its Taking Him

We rose up as the sun was still rising, and set off promptly. We ate breakfast and lunch on the boats, all the while I was silent and concentrated on how I could possibly get to Boromir in time. I didn't want him to die especially, because I knew he wouldn't come back.

Stalking him would be too weird, it would give off a sense of what might happen. Make him think that something bad would happen to him, and I'm trying not to change things as much as possible with the story. But, this is Boromir's life we're talking about. I cant just let someone I care about die. That would be so wrong. Should I just tell him? That he's going to die? But, is that even a doable thing. How do you tell someone that?

"Raina?" Legolas asked from across me. I was tapping my fingers restlessly on the side of the boat
"Yes? Sorry." I sit up straight.
"Are you alright?"
"I'm fine." I smile. He nods at me, but as I redirect my gaze back ar the water, his never leaves me.

As we near a canyon, my gaze locks on the Steward of Gondor. I peer at him anxiously, waiting for the look as we drift across the calm river. There it is. Boromir stares at Frodo, want and desire seeping in. The Ring. It's taking him.

Not only that, but I know there are Uruks on our trail. I shiver, drawing my cloak round me tighter. Legolas' eyes flicker nervously. I smile, clenching my sweaty palms. I almost met death in the mines, I don't want tk again.

Aragorn lifts his head up, smiles slightly and taps Frodo on the shoulder.
"Frodo, the Argonath! Long have I desired to look upon the kings of old. My kin."

My gaze follows Frodo up to the mighty towering statues of kings of old, arms outstretched in a warning. The rest of the fellowship look up in awe at the splendor of Argonath.

We glide past the statues, the water rippling softly. I place my hand in, trying to wash the sweat off my palms and listen to the waves softly. After we begin to near the waterfall, Aragorn leads the boats to the left and we move near the gravel shore.

As we get nearer to the shore, I jump off, my boots splashing water in all directions.
"Sorry." I whipser to Gimli as he grumbles. I help haul our boats on shore, glancing sideways at Boromir who appears to be fighting a war in him. Frodo looks at him, afraid. Boromir is about to give in to Sauron's will.

I'm so enraptured that I bump into Legolas.
"Sorry." I step past him, up the gravel. He grabs my hand.
"Raina..." he begins, smiling "I'm here for you."
I smile softly, as best I can, still smarting from the wound left in my heart. From the wound of him loving another girl.
"Thank you." I mumble

I deop my pack down in the gravel, leaning against part of an old ruin by the shore. Aragorn had given Gal and Galad to me, so they simply pay by my side. I sat down, carefully watching he steward of Gondor, as he carefully observes the hobbit with the ring. That's it then. It's taken him.

Around me, the fellowship get ready for camp, and Aragorn announces
"We cross the lake at nightfall. Hide the boats and continue on foot. We approach Mordor from the north."
"Oh, yes?!" Gimli replied "It's just a simple matter of finding our way through Emyn Muil? An impassable labyrinth of razor sharp rocks! And after that, it gets even better!"

From beside him, Pippin looks up surprised. I chuckle to myself.
"Festering, stinking marshlands, far as the eye can see!"
"That is our road." Aragorn finalised "I suggest you take some rest and recover your strength, Master Dwarf."
"Recover my…?! Phrrr…" Gimli growls angrily.

Legolas looks toward me as I fumble with the feathers on my bows.
 "We should leave now." He says to Aragorn
"No." The ranger denies "Orcs patrol the eastern shore. We must wait for cover of darkness."
 "It is not the eastern shore that worries me. A shadow and a threat has been growing in my mind. Something draws near… I can feel it."
His gaze wanders over the forest toward the dark pine woods with an long forgotten statue nestling among them.
Gimli's protest distracts me.
"No dwarf need recover strength! Pay no heed to that, young Hobbit." He directs this to Pippin. Footsteps sound from behind, and I turn my head back to see Merry returning with a bundle of twigs.
"Where's Frodo?" He asks
Sam who was falling asleep, roused sharply. Aragorn's eyes shower the camp, and come to rest on Boromir's shield, with his baggage.

I swore underneath my breath. Id been too busy listening to the conversation that I forgot to pay attention to Boromir. He slipped away. I swore silently this time. We didn't have much time left.