When they got into the school they split off. Liam went to his first class. He didn't really plan on paying attention. Teachers had finally started getting into the actual teaching part of the year. Which Liam had already started to dread, but he knew he wouldn't be able to focus, not with the way his mind was racing.

Isaac, on the other hand, was on a mission to find Scott. He didn't think there was anything he could do to help Liam, not really anyway. So he opted to just try and focus on something else. Which really wasn't that difficult.

"Hey," He said resting his hand on Scott's shoulder from where he was leaning against his locker.

"Hey," Scott's smile was small, "So Liam doesn't feel good?" He asked, resting his chin on Isaac's hand.

"No, not really, it just... it happens sometimes. He'll be alright." Isaac could feel an uneasiness in the area, like Scott was on edge. "Is everything alright? You seem nervous."

Scott just smiled, "Yeah I'm alright, just... I don't know, something about today."

Isaac knew the answer was vague. He used to say that kind of thing all the time when he didn't want to talk, so he decided not to push. If Scott felt safe enough to talk to him about whatever it was he would. In the meantime, he was sure Stiles would help him with whatever he needed.

"Alright well, if you need anything let me know," he kissed Scott's temple. They made their way to fist period, hand in hand. Isaac was weary of how tense Scott was, but he didn't want him to feel pressured. So he stayed close, in case Scott wanted to say something, or just wanted him there.

Liam didn't talk much the rest of the school day. Not to Stiles, or Malia, Mason, Corey, Hayden, he didn't ignore them, but he just responded with short, one word answers whenever they tried to talk to him or ask him a question. He knew they could tell. But when he saw their concerned faces all he could do was offer a weak disingenuous smile in return.

He hated when he felt this way. He felt like a complete asshole. He'd known some of these people for two days and already they were going to start resenting him for acting like a child. It was like he was lying to everyone around him. Pretending that he was okay. He tried to talk about it before, once. But it just ended with him crying and locking himself in his room. Isaac had tried to talk to him, but Liam just covered his ears and let the tears fall.

He didn't want to talk, but he also didn't want to be alone. He felt like he was going insane.

At the end of the day Isaac drove Liam back to the house and dropped him off, before heading to work.

Liam just collapsed onto the couch. Letting himself breath, and relax. Which didn't work in the slightest. It just meant now he'd probably end up with a crook in his neck. He felt his eyes fall closed, he was about to let the wave of sleep wash over him when he heard a noise from the kitchen.

He groaned and got up from the couch, making his way into the kitchen. Surprisingly the sound was coming from a particularly jumpy black wolf.

He was jumping and whining at the back door anxiously. Scratching at it aggressively.

"Hey Wolfy, what's wrong?" Liam opened the door and the wolf bolted inside, he stepped behind Liam and started trying to nudge him out the door.

"Hey hey relax, what are you doing, what's happening," Liam felt his anxiety rise. He'd never seen him like this. So panicked, so afraid. "I don't know what you want, okay, I'm sorry." Liam stepped outside slightly, trying to understand why exactly he wanted him to leave the house so much. When he did he felt his heart rate pick up. A heaviness falling over him. There was something out there. He threw himself back into the house.

"I-I can't go out there, I'm sorry,"

The wolf let out a loud whine that sounded like a cry.

"I can't," Liam said with slightly more aggression in his tone, "I just can't okay please stop pushing me."

The wolf whined again but there was a small growl in the back of his throat. Liam found himself stiffening at the noise.

"P-please can you just stop?"

But the wolf didn't let up, he continued to try and shove Liam, but to no avail. He let out what almost sounded like a groan. At this point he was so frantic Liam couldn't even tell exactly what was going on. At least until he felt something sharp on his wrist, and a tug towards the door. He bit him.

"Fuck!" Liam yelled, "what the hell was that?" Liam was angry now. The wolf let go at his tone stepping back with his tail between his legs, and his ears flattened. Liam held up his hand to look at it. The wolf's teeth had just broken the skin, there was only a small amount of blood, but he knew he'd be fine. For some reason, at the sight, Liam felt tears start to pool in his eyes. He started to shake, with anger? fear? He couldn't really tell, but he found himself stepping back and pointing towards the door. "Please leave," he said, barely above a whisper.

The wolf panicked trying to step closer but Liam moved back, he whined.

"Please just get out," he said just slightly louder, not looking up from his hand.

He barked frantically, spinning in a circle and jumping anxiously.

"Get out!" Liam yelled, and the dam broke, tears flooding down like a waterfall. The wolf stepped back, tail tucked even further between his legs, he hesitantly stepped out of the house, but he didn't leave. Not until Liam slammed the back door, tears staining his cheeks.

Liam heard the barking continue, loud and panicked outside his window. He just collapsed on his couch and covered his head with a pillow. He breathed slowly, trying to calm his racing heart, but it didn't work. He was shaking, the sound of his heart filling his ears, the pain from the bite on his arm creating a pulsing at his wrist.

He didn't even think about why the wolf seemed so scared. Not until it was too late. Not until the world went black.

A deep voice rang through the radio, cracking, "We got him."