"I'm more handsome compared to him, right gege?" Hua Cheng said with a small pout which made Xie Lian laugh and agree indulgingly. This caused Feng Xin and Mu Qing to become annoyed and glare at Hua Cheng who only smirked back.

"Who is that man besides his highness?" Shi Wudu asked with a raised brow. 

"I don't know." Ling Wen answered while others also answered the same except for those who knew.

"Your highness, who is that guy beside you?" Ling Wen asked, her curiosity overcoming her instinct to be wary.

"You'll find out soon enough." Hua Cheng answered before Xie Lian or Lynn could.   

Before Xie Lian could frame a reply, the Martial God added, "Our Xiǎo Pei was truly fortunate to have been in your care."

"I really was, general." Pei Su said before looking at Xie Lian. "Thank you for taking care of me and Ban Yue in the past, general Hua."

"You're welcome." Xie Lian said with a smile. "It was a fun time for me."

"Why are you called general Hua, your highness? That's not your last name." Yushi Huang asked.

"Ah, it's because I needed to hide my true identity before." Xie Lian explained.

Xie Lian thought silently, Without a doubt, I've truly offended him this time.

"You aren't at fault, general Hua." Pei Su said. "I knew I was bound to be discovered sooner or later but still committed the crime. That is why, please don't get mad at his highness, general Pei."

Pei Ming didn't give an answer, mostly because he wasn't angry at Xie Lian but just wanted to protect Pei Su.

"Don't worry, your highness, he isn't angry at you." Ling Wen, who could understand Pei Ming's reactions, said which made Xie Lian nod. "On another note, Lynn, we can hear his highness's thoughts?"

"Isn't that invading too much of his privacy?" Lang Qianqiu said with a frown. "Are you okay with this?"

"Don't worry, the extremely private ones are going to be blurred." Lynn said which made Xie Lian agree, not that he cared because he didn't have anything too embarrassing to hide.

He said, "General Pei is too kind. Meeting you, the honour is mine."

What he said was indeed the truth. These days, Xie Lian had been combing through scrolls and books, and also spared some of his scattered attention for the legends of the more famous Heavenly Officials. Among them, General Ming Guang, Pei Ming, stood out the most.

"Hoh?" Pei Ming made a sound of amusement and intrigue.

Although this Martial God of the North had impressive military achievements when he was mortal, what the people discussed about most enthusiastically were still the sensational stories of his forays into the red light districts.

Here, Pei Ming frowned while some laughed.

"Bwahaha, look at this, a general who is only remembered because of his playfulness and not skills!" Qi Rong mocked.

The flattering ones would tell of how he paid a lot of money to rescue a beautiful maiden who had fallen on hard times and was forced to sell herself, who in turn fell hopelessly in love with him and swore eternal devotion to him, forever keeping herself chaste to await his return, and so on. The less complimentary ones would describe in thrilling detail how he whipped his horse into a lather as he galloped through the night for a thousand miles, scaled the city walls and stole into the home of a married woman to give her a night of unforgettable pleasure.... In short, the stories were all lurid and fanciful. After Xie Lian had finished reading, he privately concluded that it was truly incredible how this Martial God had managed to arouse the wrath of only one woman, Xuan Ji.