PART 8

I didn't know that I had the talent to predict future. See, in the beginning I had written Ranbir seeing the fake documents believed that Sid is the father of Prachi's child and months later, the same happened in the show. Oh... I am really talented 🤪

_________________________________________

Getting in the car, Prachi wore her seatbelts and made Saahas wear his too. Though the memory of the previous day kept haunting her, she chose to keep it away while she was with Saahas.

On their way to his school, Prachi kept on advising Saahas to obey the teachers, not to talk with strangers or go so close to the animals in the zoo that they were about to visit as a part of school picnic.

Getting down from the car on reaching the school, Prachi made Saahas wear his bag.

"Be a good boy...," Prachi said, caressing his cheeks.

"I am a good boy by birth," Saahas replied.

Prachi pinched his nose.

"Mumma has kept snacks for you. Do share it with your friends"

"Okay mumma.."

"Bye.. mumma loves you," Prachi said, planting a kiss on his forehead.

"I love you too, mumma," said Saahas giving Prachi a quick hug and moving towards his class teacher and others who had assembled in the school courtyard.

After she made sure that Saahas has reached near his teacher, Prachi left for  office.

Unbeknownst to her... there was someone who had been following her right from Arora Mansion till Sashas' school- Ranbir.

"Seems like they are taking the students  out. This might be a good chance for me to meet my son," thought Ranbir.

The bus with the students took off, and Ranbir followed them.

"Students, here we are. We will be guiding you. Don't get lost,always stay in groups, make sure that you are always near a teacher. Don't feed the animals...." the teacher was giving the little kids instructions and Saahas was listening to her, carefully.

The students were watching the animals with amusement in their eyes and here Ranbir was watching his son with the same amusement.

The surprise in Saahas' eyes when he saw monkeys peeling off the banana, the curiosity in his eyes when he saw the snakes, the happiness in his eyes when he saw colorful birds... Ranbir was enjoying each and every expression of Saahas.

Ranbir felt his cheeks wet and eyes blurred and he realized that tears were flowing.. why won't tears flow? He was seeing his son for so long for the first time.

Ranbir followed the students to the restaurant where they planned to have lunch. Desperate to have a conversation with his son, he somehow convinced the teachers to let him give the students few chocolates.

Distributing to the students, he finally reached near Saahas. Ranbir offered him the chocolates which the kid received with a smile.

"Thank you sir," Saahas greeted him.

"What's your name,dear?" Ranbir asked.

"Saahas," he replied.

Ranbir took the seat near Saahas'.

Saahas, with the permission from his teachers, distributed the snacks Prachi had packed. He even offered Ranbir one.

"Thank you beta," said Ranbir.

"You are an Indian?" asked Saahas in surprise.

"Yes..." Ranbir answered.

"Even I am an Indian," Saahas said, excitement filled in his eyes.

"I understood that seeing the modak you gave me," Ranbir replied, brushing his hair.

"Isn't it tasty?"

Ofcourse

"I know, my mumma prepared it."

What is your mumma's name?

"Prachi.. Prachi Arora," said Saahas and anyone could say that he was proud of that.

Seems like you are very proud of your mumma.

"Ofcourse I am. And I love her."

What about your dad?

Saahas remained quiet.

Your dad...?

"Prachi Arora"

Prachi is your mom, I am asking about your dad, your father, Ranbir asked trying to find if his son has any idea about him.

"Prachi Arora. She is my mumma and dad."

No beta, they are two different people.

"Maybe, but for me, my mumma itself is my dad."

Seeing Ranbir confused, Saahas continued, "just like Jimmy's dad takes care of him as a single parent, my mumma takes care of me. If my dad was alive, he would have been with me."

Ranbir didn't get words to speak. He felt his chest tightening hearing his son's words. But Karma is a fact. The same son whom he had rejected years before is denying his existence today.

Standing from his seat, Ranbir walked out of the restaurant, wiping his tears.