The tournament.

Layla and her family drove to the main mansion of their family .

Today is the day of the Nirex tournament. The winner will become the head of the Braksi family. Layla walks in the mansion and growls lowly in frustration. Shaleira and Ramses walk in. "I've never seen you this angry." Said Shaleira. "Plz just don't say another word before I lose my patience and try to hurt you."

Shaleira chuckled awkwardly leaving her cousin alone. (A/n Shaleira is Layla's cousin. Second cousin in fact. )

Layla went into the dining room with Ramses and the others, were all the relatives and elders were.

Layla was chatting next to Samira, Shaleira, and Mira who was also present. They talked about how they wanted to watch the tournament instead of participating.

After they ate . They went to the east wing of the mansion. Ramses was quite stunned to see the halls decorated in the finest gold and silver.

Layla was in the library reading a few books on the gem of Geb and the jewel of bast.

After the tournament everyone heads home. Layla had won and was chosen to guard the gem and lead the family.

That night Layla was in her room fidgeting with a cube she found in the library.

She solved it and began to see it glow. She learned that Sobek's father had killed Nut in jealousy of her beauty.

She was shocked but kept it a secret from everyone else.

Layla began to think about Kefer. She smiled but also had a feeling of guilt in her eyes. She loved Kefer but didn't want him to be involved with her family's issues.

Layla fell asleep . Julia smiled seeing her daughter fast asleep.

She left the room and went to her bedroom. She saw a photo of her and Hakim.

She cried hugging the photo frame tight.'I don't know if your alive. But. I hope you come back to me.'

Julia loved Hakim dearly. He always told her about his family's history. Sometimes he would take her to egyxos. She would always have a look of amazement in her eyes. Hakim found it cute . He loved her dearly , but was afraid that Exaton would harm his wife.