Lifejacket

He stopped infront of her home , he then shook his shoulder and back to revive her from sleep .

N- thank god , we're safe . Chipkali wake up , goodmorning,  hello !

Aarohi frowned opening her eyes,  she was super irritated on hearing him spelling words like nursery rhymes .

Aa- when did Birla hospital shift to Goenka Villa Neil ?

N- are you drunk Aarohi?

Aa- shut up Neil!

N - if you ask questions like these , what else would I think ?

Aa- oh please leave , I'll go by myself. I want to see aunty .

She hurried her words and jumped out of the bike to stumble upon the jerk soon for he who was already holding her hand all while saved her from falling down . Aarohi stared at her wrist which remained in his grip , and then at him .

Aa- chod !

She wriggled out of his hold , and stepped back .

N - oh hello , I'm least interested in touching you ok . If I hadn't did that , you'd have fell down and had got one nice smash on your face . Who knows,  you would've lost some teeth too .

Aa- that's enough Neil.

N - free advice,  go and just hit the bed for now. Meet maa tomorrow,  that's the best option considering your current state .

She stopped in the middle when he shouted to insist her , she kept thinking for a while .

Aarohi then noticed the locked door , he presumed her next question and gave the answer straightaway.

N - oh yes , the security here said that everyone has left to the hospital. None's at home .

Aa- ofcourse .

She chuckled faintly. At that instant,  she heard her mobile ringing  and soon there was a straight smile on her face as she saw the screen . He who observed this silently , became curious. 

N - boyfriend ?

She shifted her gaze towards him and slowly shook her head with that same smile still residing on her lips.

Aa- brofriend , hello baiya

Emphasizing the first word as a reply, she spoke pressing the mobile against her ear.

K - aaru where are you , still with the cops ? You should've called me right away when you decided to go with them right?..fine where are you now ?

Here Aarohi couldn't help but suddenly get emotional , she bit her inner cheeks and kept looking up to retain those tears in her eyes from falling down . Be it any circumstance,  this man alone tends to prove his endless care and affection for her . She felt calm and composed after hearing his concerned words , because now she knew , whatever it is , he will always be here to take care of her . Neil was quite surprised by her behaviour .

Aa- haa yeah baiya ...I  , I'm at home baiya don't worry about me ...aunty manjiri aunty how is she ?

K - she's ok now , we just met her . You , be at home only ok .

Aa- but I want to come there baiya .

K- visiting hours are over here aaru , we're yet to leave . You can come and see her tomorrow .

Aa- but baiya

K - aaru , travelling alone now ? No .

Aa- hmm ok baiya .

She hung up the call and turned towards Neil to notice him staring at her strangely.

Aa- what ?

N - no , actually I'm confused . You seem very attached to your brother but when it comes to Akshara bhabi you act differently,  why is that ?