Chapter One: The Beginning of the Fall

"I'll see you later." Said Julia as she grabbed her black leather purse and the car keys to her brand-new Ford Bronco, which her husband that she was actually departing from currently, bought her 6 months ago. Julia was an outwardly stunning broad; she has luscious blonde locks that flowed down her back and ceased at her waist. Her skin was a tanned white and her eyes were a deep and enchanting brown, similar to the color of dirt, and she had thick brown eyebrows. Her lips had a defined cupid's bow that was easy on the eyes and her ears were the perfect size, not too small and yet not too big. She had a nose that was similar to a rollercoaster whenever it was about to dip and then approach a hill. Her eyelashes were thick and lengthy due to her vain routine of applying lash serum upon them every morning, afternoon, and night. She was statuesque with lean, long legs and an hourglass figure along with a toned abdomen. She was a vegetarian only for the physical benefits, meaning for the looks, and she worked out 6 days a week.

"Where are you going?" Inquired her husband, Gabriel. He, too, was quite a sight. He had a head full of hair despite his age of 30. His hair was jet black, wavy, and thick. He typically had it parted down the middle, it was somewhat shaggy but in a fashionable way and his hair was long for a man, for it stopped at the trunk of his neck. He was a fit man; he was also quite charming. The way that he swooned Julia at the local bar in the first place was by putting on his irresistible charm. He had straight white teeth that were pristinely arranged, he had ears that were fitting for his diamond-shaped head. He was tall as well, he stood at a towering height of 6'5 and he was muscular yet lean. His eyes were green and his eyebrows were thick and black in color. He had some hairs sprouting from the lower half of his face but it wasn't a full on beard yet. He was currently on his laptop working whilst he barely ate his breakfast, which was an avocado toast with black coffee, at the kitchen table. He was wearing a black shirt and gray sweatpants. His eyes were fixed on the computer.

"Out." She said simply, then the door shut loudly behind her.

Gabriel jumped at the sudden sound and shook his head out of his work trance and realized that Julia actually did just leave. He sat up and walked to the door, opened it, and called her name as she walked away from him to her green Ford Bronco.

"Julia! Where are you going?"

"I said I was going out!" She shouted, looking back at him.

"I mean where are you going specifically?"

"That isn't your business. You're not my dad."

"I am your husband!"

"And your computer is your wife!"

She stormed off into her car and reversed, flipping the bird to Gabriel, and then finally leaving the parking lot of the apartment complex in which they inhabited. They lived in Las Vegas and there was a million and one things to partake in there, but very few were good. It had been rocky for most recent years of Gabriel and Julia's marriage. She had been going out more often than not and Gabriel had more work to do since he was promoted to office manager at his job. Julia was a stay-at-home wife who didn't do much but watch The Kardashians and make sempiternal TikToks.

Gabriel asked her if she ever coveted to have a job and she would always respond with, "Why would I when I have you?"

Gabriel would be somewhat flattered by that response but also uneasy. He wanted her to work. He felt repentant for leaving her in the house alone for hours on end until he finally came home. He didn't want her to feel lonesome. She would consistently grumble about the hours that he spent on the computer looking at the stocks that he's invested in, but she would never take up a job. Sometimes, she would ask Gabriel for a baby, but he would always say "later."

Gabriel, despite his green eyes, wasn't a man that was affable with envy. He had always been the first and the hot shot that everyone else was jealous of, but he had never had an encounter with dreadful envy until he married Julia. She was the most sweet, benign, and fun woman that he had ever been with for their first 4 years of dating, and then he married her, and everything slowly but surely declined. She was grumbling more often, she was never obliging, she was self-centered, and she continuously ate the bread of idleness. She wasn't kind anymore, she wasn't respectful, she wasn't even considerate anymore.

Now, here he was looking like a blundering fool whilst his wife drove off to some place unbeknownst to Gabriel. He walked back into his apartment and slammed the door behind him. He plopped down into the seat in which he was previously occupying and allowed his weary head to fall into his hands. He rubbed his face and looked at the time shown on his computer screen. 7:49. He was so distressed and it was only this early. He decided to close his laptop and go back into his bed where he continued to sleep for the next 4 hours, that's when his phone blared his ringtone and caused him to awake.

He groaned groggily and threw his covers off of him with great irritation. He rubbed his eyes as he somewhat wobbled to his phone which was on the kitchen table. He wearily picked it up and answered it.

"Hello?" He answered, his voice deep and tired.

"Yes, are you Francis Burdue?"

"Um no, who is that?"

"Do you know Julia Smith?"

"Yes, I do. Who is Francis Burdue?"

"The guy that Julia Smith was texting on her phone. We presumed that you were him."

"Why would you assume that? Who is he?"

"We don't know but she was sending... suggestive messages and photos to him-"

"Excuse me?" Gabriel was wide awake now. "Where is she?"

"Um-"
"Hello?"

"Yes, um, she is dead. She was caught in a car accident. Two cars hit her from opposite directions and smushed the car and therefore her as well."

Gabriel's rage and jealousy had melted away and the feeling of melancholy and grief took over. He started to weep bitterly, whimpering like a child. He put his hands on the kitchen table as he leaned against it, for his strength was low. He heard the police operator saying "Hello," and "Are you still there?" Gabriel took a couple of seconds before he could gather himself and answer.

"Yes, I'm still here. Where are you?"