Chapter 9

Leo jumped down below the tree tops and started running in the direction of the Shriek, Max, Taiga, and Maddie following, but not attacking. They were worried about the other 2 people that followed Scorpio. The shriek was so loud and inhuman that Leo couldn't even describe what it sounded like. When they found a wide path through the forest they saw Delta and Alfie standing dodging around trying not to get hit by a giant terrifying beast. It was tall but inhuman, it was laughing as Delta And Alfie struggled to dodge the attacks it was giving. It had long arms with claws that has an ominous purple fade on its hands, legs, and strange back spikes, It had a strange terrifying smile that seemed to always be there. It would occasionally curl into a ball and spin in a flurry at terrifying speeds like a saw blade. Its voice was clownish and whenever it would throw off the movement of Delta and Alfie it would cackle with laughter. When it made eye contact with Leo it's eyes flashed brightly with a vibrant purple. It laughed another clownish laugh, Saying things that didn't make sense, "You let me out! You let me out! HAHA! So much FUN! HEHEHAHAHAA!" It would continuously say while laughing. Eventually Delta and Alfie ran off along with Max, Taiga, and Maddie. The strange demonic form of Scorpio landed next to Leo smiling. "That's one way to scare people off"  Leo chuckled, her healthy hand placed in her hip, the beats then started laughing so hard it was rolling on the ground. Eventually The demonic form disappeared and Scorpio was now her Normal self. She was smiling, "What was that about?" Leo asked, "Not sure, Just, Don't tell the others..." Scorpio said, "why not? They will have to know eventually, And if they don't learn from you they will learn the hard and terrifying way..." Leo said. "Besides, I think we are safe for a while, Those people probably won't come back anytime soon..." Leo continued, "You were the one worried, so Just leave it be for now..."Scorpio said, Leo and Scorpio both headed back to the Tree. When they arrived everyone was awake, "Where have you two been?" Capricorn asked, "Yeah, We all woke up to a horrifying shriek, we all got fairly worried when we realized you two were both gone..."Pisces added, "We just went off to check out what it was, Nothing was there when we checked though, wherever or whatever it was, it's long gone now..." Scorpio reassured the couple, looking back at where the fight took place, All she could remember was getting too excited and then hearing a clownish laugh. Scorpio looked back and Aquarius was yelling at Leo. There was a fairly large cut on the palm of her hand, "Calm Down!" Leo yelled, "No! You could get an infection!" Aquarius yelled back, "Oh yeah, That also happened... Leo didn't tell me how she got it, I just noticed the cut now..."  Scorpio added, Aquarius was already wrapping Leo's hand in bandages, "You two can't just go running off without a care in the world!" Aquarius yelled, despite her anger you could hear the worry in her voice, Aquarius was clearly into the naive lion, "It is dangerous out there now, we can't go and ask random strangers, because they will know that we are dangerous and will try to kill us with every shot they've got! God! Your so stupid! Things like this happen!"  Aquarius added, still yelling, frustration and worry showing even more in her silver eyes and usually calming British voice. Leo and Scorpio frowned, Aquarius was right, they can't trust anyone now, they are all wanted criminals. "Plus we can't just casually waste supplies..." Aquarius added again, her voice was calmer, a bit raspy from all the yelling, and now more sorrow. "Taurus, Me, and Aries are all going to town..." Aquarius added quietly, she stood up and looked away from the two. "You both stay here"  Aquarius sighed, and walked off to Taurus and Aries. Scorpio crossed her arms. "She sounds like a mom..." Leo quietly whispered. Scorpio noticed the other Zodiacs staring at them, Scorpio climbed to the treetops while Leo went to talk with Sagittarius. The small scorpion Scorpio found the night before, Now named Cyrus, crawled into her palm. Cyrus planted itself in Scorpios open hand, It had spread its legs out, It was sunbathing, as this species does, It rarely gets sunlight in the dense damp forests. Scorpio pulled her knees to her chest. She slowly fell asleep while Cyrus was on her shoulder. She must've fallen asleep for a couple of hours, Because when she woke up it was to the loud sound of a hammer knocking on wood. Aquarius, Taurus, and Aries had returned and now the Other Zodiacs were helping them build the giant tree house. Scorpio must've been too tired to even notice, because they almost had the first part of the tree house, It was a lot like a large jungle Hut. Scorpio jumped down to a branch that was still there from part of the unfinished Hut. "Where the hell have you been?" Leo asked amusement lingered in her cheerful and charming voice. Scorpio pointed to the tree leaves. "You've been there for like, 5 hours." Aries grumbled, clearly agitated, "What's with the attitude" Scorpio said in a teasing matter, Aries glared. "We could've used some extra help..." Aries muttered. Scorpio decided to help the others with building the rest of the Tree hut, which took another 2 hours. When the first part was done, they all decided to continue building the house later. The tree house interior was partially finished, The kitchen part, Made by Taurus, was done. And now The Zodiacs felt safe, At Least for now...