Chapter fourteen ¹⁴ | Marshmallow Milkshakes

Nick, Tara and Darcy were all outside eating lunch together on the grass area cut away from the field by a fence as a hang out area, Milo promised to join them a few minutes later saying something about swapping study notes with Tao first

"Oh my god, we found another two." Darcy joked out with a grin at Nick explaining, assuming though that Milo was also queer too, her gaydar or more so queerdar was never wrong.

"You can't tell anyone." Tara lightly scolds Darcy before turning to Nick reassuring him "She won't tell anyone."

"Yeah, I, um..." Nick started to speak but trailed off as all three looked behind them at the commotion past the fence.

"Not having lunch with your boyfriend today?" Harry joked out as he saw Tao and Milo walk past, cutting them off from talking about the notes in both their hands.

"No, I'm waiting for your mom, actually." Tao retorted back, causing Harry's friends to laugh, one pointing out it was a classic comeback.

"Harry, show me how far you can chuck the ball across the field." Milo requested catching Harry's attention and said teen grabbed the rugby ball chucking it pretty far. Milo had only done this to cut off whatever Harry and Tao were going to get into.

Harry turned to look at Milo with a half smug, half proud smile while his friends made impressed noises. Milo flashes a quick nod in a silent agreement that it was 'impressive' which was enough for Harry who then went back to talking with his friends.

"Uh, what was that supposed to be?" Tao asked offended that Milo had just interacted with Harry outside of rugby practice.

"Uh, making sure one of my best friends doesn't get in a fight." Milo mocks the 'uh' attitude part Tao had spoken to him beforehand but gave Tao a cute smile.

"You're lucky you're adorable and it's practically my day job to make sure you're not about to walk into things." Tao responds letting go of the Harry interaction and proving his point as he grabs Milo's shoulder pulling him to the left narrowingly avoiding Milo walking into a pole.

"Huh, you're right about the walking into stuff thing."

"I'm always right, Milo."

When everyone was out of sight Nick finally turned to face Tara and Darcy again to explain a bit more about the situation he was in at the moment.

"I'm not really... out yet, or anything."

"Do you want to be?" Darcy simply asked in response, curious on where Nick stood on the topic.

"I don't know. I mean, I don't even know what my sexuality even is." Nick replied truthfully, still very much confused about many things.

"That's okay. Tara didn't know she was a lesbian until we kissed, like, six times." Darcy reassures Nick while giving an example.