Chapter three ³ | Gut feeling

• • • Cue mini scenes • • •

Another day of rugby training as Milo and Charlie walked into the changing room, Milo uninterested in the loud teens inside moving over to a free space tugging his tie off, everyone doing their own thing including Charlie who also gets ready for practice. Milo wished he could listen to music while they practiced but knew Couch Singh would have his head for it.At least he wouldn't have to wear his school tie for an hour.

• • • Mini scene ² • • •

Milo easily kept up with everyone on field watching Nick pass the rugby ball backwards to Charlie causing him to smile before getting ready since Charlie was already turning back slightly to throw it back to him. Milo thought to himself as he passed it to another team mate how rugby wasn't as bad as he thought it would be, still annoying on the wrists though.

• • • Mini scene ³ • • •

Charlie and Milo stood watching how the group of rugby players all huddled together counting to three before squeezing tightly against each other, weird but everyone had their own thing. Milo tilted his head curiously as he watched, sharing a glance with Charlie.

"Please tell me we don't have to do that too?" Milo asked Charlie rhetorically just wanting to get a laugh out of Charlie, which he did.

"Who knows."

• • • Mini scene ⁴ • • •

Milo scrunched his nose annoyed at his rugby shoes laces not enjoying retying them all the time. His usual shoes had double knots in them and he'd just slip in and out of them. Glancing at where Nick was explaining some rugby rule to Charlie, the scowl leaving his face replaced with a small smile, happy Charlie was actually enjoying his decision to be in the rugby team before turning back to his shoelaces, a small pout on his lips, struggling.

"Here Milo." Charlie's voice rang out as he turned Milo to face him before tying his shoelaces for him, Milo thanking him looking over at Nick who looked amused.

"Can you not tie your shoelaces?" Nick asked, wanting to know amused at how easily Charlie went to tie Milo's shoelaces for him.

"He double knotted his shoelaces last year and just slipped in and out of them since then. He's just lazy." Charlie answered for Milo who couldn't argue as that was the exact answer he would have given himself.

• • • Mini scene ⁵ • • •

The group was teaching Charlie and Milo how to do a rugby lineout. Charlie got encouraged as he failed the first time but caught the ball while being lifted into the air the third time. Everyone cheered for him including Milo and Nick. Everyone turned to Milo now since it was his turn causing him to look away as if he wasn't there.