Chapter Fifteen: To Hell With It [1]

Task Failed.

You have died.

Interface system.

Checking Game System.

Completed.

Finding Game Checkpoint.

Preparing Checkpoint Scene.

꥟ Restoring memory and body senses.

Transferring gathered database.

Restoring and Transferring Completed!

Scene loading.

Dive in.

─────☽☀︎☾─────

Luna winced when she came back to her senses, breathing heavily as she saw the floating screen in front of her. Her eyes furrowed.

Task

Go to the Masquerade ball with Remus and Shiki

Reward: Backstory and an artifact
Remaining time: 3 Days

Accept ✔ Deny ✘

Remaining task attempt: 2

The screen was the first task she saw, her eyes landed towards her front to see Shiki and Remus looking at her bewildered by her sudden action.

Ah.

'That's right, I died.'

Was the first thing she thought, she came to a conclusion that every task she will receive will be her check point. Now that she think about it, it's already been two weeks. When did the main scenario start? if she remembers correctly, agapius had said that the main scenario shall start after a week.

She instantly looked to her side to see agapius with black fur and red eyes, also looking at her with a serious look.

"You probably already know the gist of it. Obviously, you failed the first time, this is your second try, every check point consist of only 3 trials. Once you've failed all three you'll get back from scratch."

Luna heaved a sigh as she looked at the screen and accepted the task using her mind. She then smiled awkwardly at the two men who was still looking at her weirdly.

"Are you ok?" Remus suddenly asked.

"Yeah I'm fine, I just, uhh, remembered something unpleasant." She lied as she took a sip at her frappe cappuccino as she averted her gaze.

"So, about our request..?"

"Yeah sure, I don't mind." Luna replied, placing down the frappe cappuccino on the table as she look at the both of them.

Remus's eyes sparkle as if he was glad that she accepted their invitation, but then fell gloomy.

'He must've remembered that Rei was his partner.' Luna thought while looking at Remus with an stoic expression,holding her laughter. Her gaze then landed on Shiki who was silently looking down on his phone.